Senior Business Analyst
CMG Financial is looking for a highly motivated, organized, and self-driven Business Analyst to join our growing digital transformation team. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about fintech, integrating systems, emerging technologies, and customer service; is an excellent communicator; and can balance the multiple demands of a fast-growing company.
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for a full range of activities from leading small to mid-size projects to assisting on larger more complex projects related to internal IT, Marketing, and BI departments; building a coalition of internal resources to achieve objectives; defining and managing the quality of deliverables; and managing communications, project plans, escalation, and change control.. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of the business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support internal business goals
- Communicate project status to internal stakeholders and leadership in a clear and concise manner
- Measure project performance using appropriate metrics
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Understanding and using APIs for various systems
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors/subcontractors
- Research, assess, compare, and prepare RFP requirements for potential vendor partners
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities
- Facilitate steering committee meetings, project planning meetings, & recurring team meetings
- Support system conversions, upgrades, enhancements
- Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes
- Identify ways to increase adoption and customer satisfaction
- BS/BA degree; technology-related preferred
- MS preferred
- 5+ years of application systems development and implementation
- 3+ years of experience required in leading software projects and leveraging agile practices
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
- Ability to easily motivate and inspire team members, peers, stakeholders, and executives
- Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills
- Innovative; thinks beyond boundaries
- Work with APIs preferred (but not required)
- Analytical; solves problems at root cause and prioritizes effectively
- Data analysis – Must have proficiency with SQL, Microsoft Excel
ABOUT CMG FINANCIAL
For over 25 years, CMG Financial has delivered the personal service of a local lender while leveraging the resources of a national brand. CMG Financial has earned 2000+ Zillow reviews praising their reliable preapprovals, ease of transaction, on-time closings, transparency, and communication throughout the mortgage process.
Throughout the mortgage industry, CMG Financial is known for its innovation of products and continued investment in technology. From HomeFundIt, the down payment crowdfunding platform, to the All In One Loan, the smarter way to borrow, CMG develops mortgage solutions that serve the needs of every borrower.
CMG MORTGAGE, INC. NMLS #1820 If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at CMG Financial prior to having a signed agreement . CMG Financial is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to CMG Financial and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.