Position: Test Technician
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Experience: 0-3 Years
Education: College Diploma, with 0-3 years' work experience in ME/EE/SW or Testing
Division: OTTO Motors
About OTTO Motors, a division of Clearpath Robotics
Our mission is to create safer, more productive and fulfilling workplaces with autonomous material handling technology.
Most recently, OTTO Motors was recognized among the top 1% of Canada’s highest-performing global private companies by Communitech….. and Fast Company’s 2023 list of Most Innovative Companies in 2023.
Our loyal customers are also the most recognizable brands in the world and trust OTTO Motors to fulfill their mission-critical material handling needs: General Electric, Toyota, Hershey, Caterpillar, Berry Global, and more. For more information about us, visit www.ottomotors.com. OTTO delivers intelligence, productivity, scalability, results and most importantly, the future.
About the Job
We believe in providing our clients with specific solutions to their problems. This might mean prototyping new hardware platforms, developing custom software applications, or processing 3D point clouds. Our projects range from one-off development of multi-ton unmanned ground vehicles to mass production of custom built environmental monitoring equipment.
We're looking for a Test Technician to take our testing and validation to the next level and help us to get our software doing what it's been built to do. You will take charge of managing and maintaining a fleet of robots. Responsibilities would include updating software, investigating anomalies, and working closely with multiple teams to bring issues to conclusion. Additional responsibilities would be test plan development and execution for various products and custom projects, to ensure that our hardware and software is co-existing harmoniously. This will range from designing test campaigns to identify and eliminate issues early on, through to tail end validation focused on detailed product verification. Your goal is to increase efficiencies and reliability with regards to product testing and validation. You will work closely with the rest of the Clearpath development team to make sure that we are delivering properly engineered solutions.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Managing and maintaining a functioning fleet of robots
- Capturing issues and artifacts, establishing strong feedback loop back into development
- Designing test campaigns
- Executing test for full system, component, simulation, and performance
- Documenting test results
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Developing simulations, maintaining and extending testing standards and best practices
- Testing and validating product components used in projects
- Determining or helping to drive test requirements for new products, components, or projects as required
- Alerting the team and stopping the robots from starting their own revolution
You want to work for a fast-paced growing company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are motivated, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with less than 100% effort. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
Your programming background is strong and you’re able to diagnose issues faster than the speed of light. You like the thought of working on projects that interact with the world, even more so when they can do so on their own. You're looking for a job where you get to interact with a diverse team and learn something new every day. We can't promise it'll be interesting or relevant, but it'll be new!
- College Diploma in a relevant technical field
- 0-3 years’ working in mechanical, electrical, software design or testing environments (or Post Graduates with similar exposure)
- Experience with testing validation of complex integrated systems and/or software
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Strong analytical, trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment
- Combination of experience designing, implementing, maintaining or executing technical acceptance plans
- Experience with Linux / Unix operating systems
- Experience with Unix scripting languages (e.g. bash, shell, awk etc.)
- Git or similar version control experience (BitBucket, Github, etc.)
- Understanding of continuous integration concepts and tools (e.g. Jenkins, BuildBot, etc.), and best practices
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems such as JIRA
- Experience with analysis with tools like iPython Notebook, Matlab or others
- Hands on experience with software/hardware mixed products, which may utilize motor controls, machine controls, and various sensory components in combination with software
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.