Software Performance Engineer
Position:Software Performance Engineer
Location: Hybrid work, based in Kitchener-Waterloo
Experience: 5+ years
Education: Undergraduate degree in engineering/CS or a related field
Division: OTTO Motors
About Our Opportunity
At OTTO Motors (division of Clearpath Robotics, Inc), we design flexible and intelligent autonomous mobile robots for industry, with the ultimate goal of automating the world's dullest, dirtiest, and deadliest jobs.
You will be joining the OS (Operating Systems) team, who are responsible for bridging the gap between the mechanical machine, the autonomy stack and the fleet manager. In this team, you will have the opportunity to experience a very broad software stack ranging from kernel device drivers, application layer components, networking components and fleet management functionality. Your code and contributions will ultimately run on the robots, supporting leading edge technology in large fleets of automation in factories, already deployed and growing.
As a Software Performance Engineer, you will:
- Investigate and drive improvements in incidental and long term system stability and performance (Linux, C/C++, Python, ROS, ROS2, CUDA, Gazebo)
- Help design and build sustainable pipelines for automated performance metrics against build, runtime and communications
- Explore and define roadmaps of CPU and GPU architectures for OTTO robots
- Drive the adoption of tools, techniques and processes to improve software at the desk of every developer
- Participate in cross-team coding and architecture reviews with a keen eye on performance challenges
- Triage and support live industrial systems in our test facilities
You come ready with:
- 5+ years of experience working on C++ projects
- Software system performance, post mortem and forensic analysis experience
- Linux system diagnostics, LTTng, VTune, Valgrind or similar toolchain experience.
- nVidia CUDA / ARM experience
- Static and dynamic code analysis experience
- Moderate to strong Linux platform experience (more than CLI, bordering on kernel compilation)
- Undergraduate degree in engineering/CS or a related field, with applicable background
- Working knowledge of the Git version control system
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Able to work in Canada
What’s in it for you:
- Work-life balance - vacation, flexible long weekends, half-day birthdays and wellness days
- Flexibility in when you work, core hours are 10am-3pm EST
- Competitive salary and career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family to support your health and wellness
- Additional perks to get you set up at home/work
- Opportunity to make a difference with the world’s deadliest, dirtiest and dangerous jobs
- Amazing co-workers to laugh and have fun
- Engineering run Hack Days to pursue interests, passion projects, and experiments
- The future of robotics!
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self-driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
At OTTO Motors, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.