Warehouse Associate - Direct Hire - 1st Shift Elwood
The Warehouse Associate is a material handler primarily responsible for manual case picking and order fulfillment without using material handling equipment. Activities may include sorting, lumping, kitting, assembly, case picking, loading and/or unloading. No forklift experience is required.
- Primary responsibility is manual order fulfillment which may include case or each picking, kitting, lumping, value added services, e-commerce order fulfillment, etc.
- May pick to AMR (automated mobile robot) devices
- Direct supervision required
- Perform visual quality checks for correct product, damage, proper quantity, and customer shipping requirements
- Confirm specific customer packaging requirements are met to avoid supplier penalties
- Communicate all product defects or missing inventory to management
- Follow specific work instructions and pre-established guidelines
- Safely and accurately complete daily work assignments in a timely manner
- Perform duties in a safe and productive manner
- Assist with physical inventories
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to push and pull a fully loaded pallet jack or cart greater than 50 pounds
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Basic math and reading skills to perform job tasks and complete necessary paperwork
- Ability to learn warehouse management systems
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions, take coaching well and communicates respectfully with others
- Ability to adhere to all OSHA safety requirements
- Ability to stand eight to 12 hours per day in a warehouse environment
- Follow process to log all product defects or missing inventory
- Promote positive teamwork culture to ensure excellent customer service
- At least six months of general work experience
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR CERTIFICATION:
- Labeling Practices Location, Content of Label, and Use of Label
- Product Identification Process
- Identifying common types of product damage
- How to Verify Quantity (Process)
- How to confirm specific customer packaging requirements are met
- Process for reporting missing product or product defects
- Guided Training up to 16 hours based on work being performed
- Pallet Jack Training
- Current CJ Safety & Compliance Training
This job operates in a warehouse environment.
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.