VMware & VM OS Engineer
The VMware & VM OS Engineer uses demonstrated knowledge to design, build, maintain, and
test hosted server environments. The right candidate should be a highly motivated individual
who is excited to learn and grow in their field as well as adjacent fields in a fast-paced IT
● Document system design and related processes
● Proactively identify opportunities for improvement of the CJ VMware, Tintri Storage
environments and all installed Operating Systems.
● Serve on cross-functional project teams as a platform subject matter expert
● Lead team initiatives and coach junior team members
● Adapt daily to changing environment requirements and manage multiple tasks
● Assume total responsibility for work assigned and deliver on commitments
● Take ownership of problems and/or issues and ensure timely resolution
● Follow all documented processes and procedures as defined by internal documentation
● 3+ years’ experience in the design, installation, configuration, and support of VMware
● 3+ years of Windows/Linux Server systems administration experience in a 24x7
environment· Experience in installation, configuration, and maintenance of Windows/Linux servers, and clusters.
● 3+ years of experience utilizing and administering storage backends.
● Strong knowledge of Windows OS, Active Directory design, ADFS, FTP, NAS, DNS, and
PowerShell, SQL Server a plus
● Experience in cloud technologies, AWS, Azure, Oracle, etc.
● Familiar with disaster recovery procedures for recovery of virtual and physical servers
● Fulfill both infrastructure and application support on a day-to-day basis
● Demonstrated experience adapting to changing environment requirements and
managing multiple tasks.
● Experience managing servers in large corporate environments, including security,
security policy compliance, and exception processes
● Excellent communication and documentation skills
● Ability to respond quickly and adapt to changes in priorities.
● Design, manage, and monitor hybrid workloads across VMWare and AWS, OCI
infrastructure and platform services (IaaS and PaaS) including new system and service
builds, HA/DR requirements and configuration
● Design, manage, and enhance identity management solutions leveraging Okta, AWS,
OCI, Active Directory, Active Directory domains using security best practices
● Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities
forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
● Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in
performance tuning and application availability
● Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and
● Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
● Act as a last level of escalation for major company impacting issues, while collaborating
with other Technical teams and our Service Desk
● Perform duties as assigned
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.