Cascades Pacific Northwest Drilling and Remediation office is looking for professional and talented mechanics to maintain and repair a variety of equipment ranging from light duty pickups to heavy duty commercial trucks, on and off-road drilling rigs, and various support equipment.
The mechanic will perform all aspects of maintenance and repair functions on all equipment in accordance with company policy and DOT regulations. The qualified mechanic must have the ability to troubleshoot, perform general maintenance, and make repairs to heavy-duty commercial trucks, trailers, light duty trucks, tracked drilling rigs, and various support equipment. The qualified mechanic must understand diesel and gas engines, pumps, along with hydraulic and electrical systems. Knowledge of drilling rigs and heavy equipment is preferred. In addition, flexibility and the ability to multi- task and prioritize as well as organizational skills are required. A positive attitude along with the willingness to learn and help other employees is required. The ability to work in a team environment without supervision is necessary for success.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Review Repair Request, Driver Vehicle Reports, make repair recommendations, obtain pricing, and discuss options with Shop Manager
- Perform various services and inspections of trucks, trailers, drilling rigs and various support equipment.
- Perform Federal and State DOT inspections on commercial and non-commercial vehicles including truck and trailer. Inspection will be completed in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Inspect, diagnose physical and operating condition of equipment on a regular basis to ensure safe and proper operations of equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical and physical issues reported or discovered during an inspection.
- Maintain proper communication with the Shop Manager, Driller or Operator.
- Document preventative maintenance performed on required preventative maintenance task and inspection forms and inspection.
- Mechanical failures, cause, corrective action, and downtime will be documented on Repair Requests or Work Orders.
- Oversee requisition of materials, parts, and supplies.
- Perform all duties in compliance with safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- All work to be completed in a timely manner and of high quality.
- Complete other duties as required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a valid driver’s license- CDL preferred
- At least three (3) years of mechanical experience with an emphasis on heavy equipment and Heavy-Duty truck repair
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds throughout the day, maneuver in small areas, and stand for long periods of time
- Proficient understanding of hydraulics, diesel engines, welding, and fabrication
- Proof of mechanical training, classes, and certification
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Ability to work overtime as requested
- Knowledge of power/hand tools
- Computer competency
- Testing negative in a drug screen for the presence of controlled substances
- Satisfactory results of a background check (and your authorization to conduct a routine background check)
- Possessing a valid Driver’s License for the state in which you reside and satisfactory results of a Motor Vehicle Report
- Obtaining and maintaining an interstate DOT Medical Card and meeting all Federal Interstate FMCSA requirements to operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Passing a HAZWOPER physical
- Verifying your legal right to work in the United States under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA)
- Satisfactory results of additional testing and / or screenings, if applicable.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
Offer of employment is conditional upon passing a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test and maintaining a clean driving record, in accordance with DOT requirements.
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive, paid on-the-job training
- Flexible career paths with opportunities for advancement and growth
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- Drilling License Bonuses / CDL License Pay Increases / Tuition Reimbursement
- Performance-based pay increases and potential for project bonuses
- Charitable monetary donation match to eligible nonprofit organizations
We are proud to provide a full range of competitive and flexible benefits programs that help our employees, and their families plan for today and their future.
Who are you?
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Desire to learn new skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
Find out why our employees choose Cascade and what it’s like to work in various Cascade roles on our Careers Page.