Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
This position is with TerraTherm in Gardner, MA. TerraTherm is a worldwide leader in the development and implementation of in situ and on-site thermal remediation of organic contaminants. TerraTherm designs, builds and operates projects from concept to closure, using Thermal Conduction Heating (TCH), Steam Enhanced Extraction (SEE), Electrical Resistance Heating (ERH), and combinations of the technologies above.
This management position reports to the VP of Operations to guide cost-effective bidding and execution of field implementation projects for TerraTherm. Primary responsibilities include: Preparing bids and estimates, including supplier and subcontractor specifications and RFP/RFQ packages; Participating in constructability reviews with project design and construction team members; Transitioning work-plan level designs to field-constructible designs, details, and related procurement documents; Ensuring use of approved standard means, methods and components where practicable. Coordinate with project engineering, project supply and field implementation team leaders to ensure efficient high-quality thermal treatment system installations, following industry and company-specific standard methods and protocols. Serve as facilitator and coordinator to ensure efficient and timely flow of materials and equipment to field construction teams. This position requires close communication and collaboration with the project managers, project engineers, project supply team, and the on-site Field Implementation Managers to deliver successful projects within budget and schedule.
- Facilitate transition of projects from design to field implementation, working closely with project engineers, field construction managers and project managers to coordinate efforts of engineering and project supply team (procurement and shop) to ensure proper planning and successful execution of field implementation projects.
- Participate in constructability reviews of pre-final design plans with Project Engineers and Field Construction Managers prior to bid submission or final design submittal.
- Coordinate with field managers and project engineers to define necessary site-specific installation drawings, details, specifications, BOMs or other documents necessary for high-quality, efficient field construction.
- Maintain regular communication with project teams and project supply team to ensure entire team is aware of schedule requirements, material and equipment delivery status and budget.
Lead Cost Estimator
- Develop cost estimates in company standard format for firm bids, budgetary estimates and change orders. Develop accurate take-offs and procurement plans and production rates from designs and details provided by Engineering team. Develop material and equipment schedules (including available company stock materials and equipment), issue subcontractor RFPs, identify necessary utility services, construction permits, for field implementation
- Develop detailed procurement and construction schedules for bids and estimates as well as construction mobilization, in MS Project
- Provide input on labor, material and equipment resource needs and production rates. Review estimates, bids or change orders prepared by others.
- Conduct semi-annual review of standard component material costs and production rates and to ensure cost estimates employ accurate cost and production
- Manage Project Supply Team, including Shop Fabrication team, Procurement team and Equipment Specialist.
- Train, develop, and hire staff as needed. Define/manage staff roles, responsibilities and goals.
- Maintain compliance with company Health and Safety Program and ensure company policies and programs are observed by Project Supply team. Train/coach staff to ensure compliance.
- Set the tone. Exhibit “can do” leadership style and behavior at all times, specifically relative to the company mission and values, employees and clients. Promote teamwork and a willingness to support company goals and interdepartmental
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal project team, vendors, subcontractors and clients.
- Establish effective feedback loops with Engineering, Fabrication/Shop, Procurement and implementation teams to accurately predict production rates and costs, and effectively support field installations.
- 10 years minimum experience estimating and overseeing complex field installation activities, including civil, mechanical, electrical and process equipment construction elements
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related technical discipline preferred
- MS Project proficiency
- Excellent task management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must pass required pre-employment physical (including drug testing) and annual medical surveillance physical exam for clearance to work on hazardous waste sites
- Must be available to travel as required for bidding and project coordination needs
- Must have valid driver’s license
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site at www.cascade-env.com/careers.