The Shop Manager will perform all maintenance and repair functions on all equipment per company policy and DOT regulations. The Shop Manager must have the ability to perform general maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting on various types of trucks and equipment. Understanding of diesel engines, gas powered engines, hydraulics, electrical systems, and pumps. Knowledge of drilling rigs and equipment preferred. The Shop Manager is responsible for all engine and emission work (diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks), engine chassis work, as well as body control systems, including hydraulic and electrical systems, and heating and air conditioning maintenance and repair. In addition, the Shop Manager is responsible for diagnosing more complicated repair work and providing coaching on diagnostic techniques to subordinates. Flexibility with the ability to multi-task and prioritize, as well as organizational skills are required as there are a variety of requests made on a daily basis of this person.
- Review all repair request forms, make suggestions, obtain pricing, and discuss options with the SR VP of Operations if necessary, for completing the repair.
- Repair and maintain all drill rigs, trucks, trailers, and other equipment.
- Perform state and annual inspections on all drill rigs, trucks, trailers, and other equipment. Complete the inspections in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Use best judgment in determining modifications and/or repair work required, elevating special situations to the SR VP of Operations
- Inspect and diagnose physical conditions of equipment on a regular basis to ensure safety standards are met.
- Manages and directs field testing for all completed work requests, communicating end results to initial requestor and SR VP of Operations
- Maintain proper notification and documentation of all vehicles down time, fixes, and resolutions-maintaining files appropriately.
- Organize for offsite repairs as appropriate.
- Ensure oil and fuel disposal as appropriate.
- Requisition of materials, parts, and supplies
- Responsible for keeping rig and equipment in good working order and condition.
- Use diagnostic equipment.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Performs all duties following safety practices, policies, procedures, and government regulations.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Ability to supervisor multiple personnel and providing clear instructions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Driver License Required
- 5-7 years of mechanical experience
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Ability to lift to 60 pounds throughout the day.
- Work overtime and various shifts.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of power/hand tools and diagnostic equipment
- Read and understand manufacture repair manuals.
- Computer competency
- HAZWOPER certified.
- OSHA 30 certified
Offer of employment is conditional upon passing a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test and maintaining a clean driving record, in accordance with DOT requirements.
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive, paid on-the-job training.
- Flexible career paths with opportunities for advancement and growth
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry.
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- Drilling License Bonuses / CDL License Pay Increases / Tuition Reimbursement
- Performance-based pay increases and potential for project bonuses
- Charitable monetary donation match to eligible nonprofit organizations
We are proud to provide a full range of competitive and flexible benefits programs that help our employees, and their families plan for today and their future.
Who are you?
- Work hard, play hard mindset.
- Desire to learn new skills.
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded.
Reports To: SR VP of Operations
Find out why our employees choose Cascade and what it is like to work in various Cascade roles on our Careers Page.