Cascade is subject to the federal contractor mandate regarding COVID vaccinations. Should the COVID vaccination mandate be reinstated, all employees will need to be vaccinated or have a limited religious or medical exemption.
This position reports to the General Manager and is responsible for assisting in the proposal and project execution project. The Staff Scientist/Engineer position is responsible for assisting project manager(s) with project execution and proposals. The Staff Scientist/Engineer will be responsible for writing and reviewing plans, learning how to understand and read specifications and construction drawings, overseeing subcontractors, and assisting with the procurement of vendors and subcontracts.
- Assist Project Managers/Estimator in supporting the estimating and proposal process.
- Assist Project Managers with project setup and required submittals.
- Work with the Office Health and Safety Officer to facilitate safety training and documentation to the field staff.
- Assist field teams to ensure project specifications and engineering requirements are being adhered to. Troubleshoot any engineering or logistical problems with the Project Manager and Site Manager.
Field Engineering [As Needed]
- Perform the function of field engineer (as required) including hands on field work and/or field engineering quality control inspection and documentation.
- Assist with field construction and/or site operation efforts
- Verify that daily production reports are maintained
- Perform field QA/QC to ensure construction work is performed in accordance with design drawings specifications and SOPs
- Communicate and coordinate work quality or safety concerns to the Project Manager or Office Health and Safety Officer to ensure proper and safe completion of the project.
- Support construction and operations field staff with troubleshooting (remotely or on-site as applicable). Occasionally cover field work as needed.
- Always look for new and better ways to streamline the cost and performance of our projects capture information and make overall improvements as learning takes place.
- Continue to gain knowledge on the remediation of contaminated materials and look for opportunities for continued education or seminars.
- Travel as necessary to perform position description duties. Expect up to ~15% travel for periods of several days to 2 weeks. Occasional longer trips may be necessary depending on project tasks and workload.
- Experience Required:
- 1-3 years engineering or science experience in environmental remediation or related construction industry
- Education Required:
- 4-year degree in engineering or environmental science related discipline
- 40 Hr. OSHA Hazwoper training and current 8 hr. refresher (co. will provide if not current)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized while doing so
- Self-starter with outgoing personality traits; Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word Excel Outlook and MS Project (or similar)
- CADD Experience preferred
- Level of Supervision:
- Complete assigned tasks based on instructions directions or objectives received with varying degrees of supervision from supervisor or project manager
Offer of employment is conditional upon passing a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test and maintaining a clean driving record, in accordance with DOT requirements.
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Find out why our employees choose Cascade and what it’s like to work in various Cascade roles on our Careers Page.