Field Assistant / Laborer
Did you play in the dirt as a kid? Does working with your hands sound like the most appealing part of a career? Is one of your goals to travel around the United States?
Look no further! Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
The Field Assistant works under the direct supervision of Probe Operators and/or Technical Specialists in the field. Field Assistants will perform environmental remediation activities centered around in situ injection technologies. Individuals in this position may assist on basic soil and groundwater and site characterization tasks. Support tasks to be provided to projects include conveyance of remediation products, connecting and disconnecting injection tooling at directed times to meet remediation objectives and on-site equipment conveyance. Entry level Field Assistants will be provided comprehensive training to obtain technical knowledge in the basic operation of mixing and injection equipment, application of the different injection methods, tooling, and mechanical systems. Field Assistants are expected to participate in Cascade’s health and safety program through active engagement in the recognition, identification, reporting, and mitigation of hazardous situations, conditions, equipment and/or practices. This is a field position, requiring out of town travel for 50% - 60% of work time. Employees will gain comprehensive knowledge in the environmental remediation field supporting clean-up objectives with our clients at many of the most contaminated sites in the US.
The work requires moderate to heavy physical exertion such as working outdoors in extreme temperatures and climates, long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as drilling equipment, tooling and consumables materials of the trade (up to 50 pounds).
- Possess valid driver's license and maintain clean driving record with no DUIs, excessive or major violations
- Submit to and pass, without restrictions, a pre-placement physical exam and drug and alcohol screening
- This is field position and requires travel to job sites throughout the region, and sometimes the country, on a full-time basis
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site at www.cascade-env.com/careers.