Associate Technical Audio Designer
About Splash Damage
Come join us!
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
As an Associate Technical Audio Designer at Splash Damage you will be responsible for the implementation of Sound Effects, Music and Dialogue in our games. This will include simple sound effect playback and advanced systemic audio design utilizing various middleware solutions. You will work on cutting-edge audio technology, expanding audio systems and integrating sound into gameplay to deliver exciting game experiences.
You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways
- Design, implement, and debug audio systems for game development utilizing various middleware such as Unreal and Wwise.
- Bridge the gap between audio designers and programmers to be the go between of the two disciplines.
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to develop systems/tools to allow audio designers to further realize their artistic aural vision.
- Work with the development team to design cutting edge game audio tools for speech/sfx/music in innovative ways.
- Adopt and improve the existing audio development process.
- Manage audio data budget, Wwise session organization, SoundBank structure and loading, and run-time audio optimizations
- Responsible for documenting audio systems and educating the content creators in audio best practices.
Join our awesome audio team and help us make some amazing sounding games.
- You must have held an Audio Designer position or have equivalent experience and skills.
- Proficiency with Audiokinetic Wwise.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and the Wwise Plugin.
- Competent scripting using Unreal Blueprints or similar
- A basic understanding of code (C++) and a desire to learn more!
- A basic understanding of the Wwise API.
- Knowledge of implementing audio in modern game engines.
- Knowledge of sound design, synthesis, & audio manipulation.
- Work efficiently with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with other game engines such as Cryengine and Unity.
- Experience with scripting using Json, Lua, Python etc…
- A degree in music, sound design or equivalent technical degree.
- Basic understanding of DSP and audio programming skills.
- Experience with console development (PS4, Xbox One, etc.)
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.