Nasuni is hiring a Data Engineer to oversee all aspects of our analytics infrastructure. Snowflake is our data warehouse. Data from Engineering, Product, Customers, Salesforce, JIRA, Professional Services, Marketing, and other sources feed in and out of Snowflake. The Analytics team is responsible for ensuring all organizations at Nasuni have the information that they need to make informed, data-driven decisions. This individual will serve the important role of helping us grow to the next level by continuing to build out a scalable and performant analytics ecosystem. Bring your Python, SQL, and shell scripting expertise along with your software development experience to help us grow our analytics infrastructure.
Prior titles may include: Data Engineer, Analytics Engineer, Data Platform Engineer, Data Warehousing Specialist, Business Intelligence Consultant, Data Architect, Database Administrator.
- Manage all aspects of Snowflake – from database management to performance to permissions and security.
- Own the ETL process, ensuring all data pipelines are operating efficiently by continually iterating on existing data sources and partnering with engineering to continue developing new ones.
- Create data marts and data models to ensure that all users, both technical and non-technical, have access to the data they need to make their most critical decisions
- Partner with Engineering, Sales, Product, and Marketing to understand all data sources, identify future data sources and communicate data enhancement requests to Product Management/Engineering.
- Model data from Snowflake back to business applications (ex. Salesforce)
- Manage the analytics team’s AWS environment building highly performant, modern and cost-effective cloud solutions to solve our data needs
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and trends in data engineering and analytics to improve our existing technology stack
- ETL development using Python, SQL, and Shell scripts
- Strong understanding of AWS products (S3, EC2, Lambda)
- SQL expertise and well-rounded Python experience
- Proven success of data extraction from various APIs and transforming the results into query-able tables
- Experience working with semi-structured data (JSON, XML)
- Meticulous about documentation of technologies, process and procedures
Nice to have:
- Snowflake administration and development
- Experience with streaming data and tools such as Snowpipe
- Agile software development
- Version control and Git experience
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.