Program Lead, Leadership and Organizational Development - Opportunity for Remote
Program Lead, Leadership and Organizational Development
Vernon, BC (Opportunity to work remotely)
The Program Lead, Leadership & Organizational Development is responsible for supporting the design, development and delivery of organization-wide programs and initiatives related to leadership and organizational development in support of Kal Tire’s business and people development goals. In this consultative role, the Program Lead is a relationship builder who collaborates with stakeholders across the organization, the Business HR team, and external partners in support of both individual and organizational capability and capacity development.
- Provides portfolio leadership in identified Leadership & Organizational Development area(s) including input to strategy, strategy implementation, consulting within HR and to the business, maintaining deep subject area expertise and knowledge of current best practices.
- Develops and implements programs and initiatives to support organizational people development priorities: performance development, career development, leadership development, succession management, employee engagement, and change management.
- Engages with Business HR and Business Stakeholders to ensure programming and initiatives effectively support individual and team competency development and captures insights to continuously improve processes, tools, and resources.
- Collaborates with Business HR to apply a change management lens to leadership and organizational development programs and solutions to enable organizational readiness for change adoption and sustainment.
- Provides advice and coaching to support leaders’ ability to engage in effective conversations and behaviours in support of team member’s engagement and performance and/or career development.
- Assesses the effectiveness of leadership and organizational development initiatives within both the current environment and emerging future needs to provide informed recommendations that will positively affect the Kal Tire’s ability to attract, retain and develop talent.
- Measures and reports on relevant metrics to provide insights into the effectiveness of programming and initiatives. Contributes to the development of briefings and presentations for Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrates effective leadership behaviours and takes personal ownership of engagement and development.
- Demonstrates the Kal Tire AIMS and promotes a culture of accountability to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- 5 - 7 years of combined experience in Human Resources or Organizational Development
- 4+ years’ experience with developing and implementing talent initiatives: performance development, career development, leadership development, employee engagement, succession management and/or change management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in developing and consulting on key talent initiatives: performance development, career development, leadership development, succession management, employee engagement, and/or change management.
- Experience designing, developing, procuring and/or delivering engaging leadership and/or professional skills development curricula, programs, or workshops
- Program management experience including needs assessment, design and development, change management, and evaluation of programming effectiveness
- Strong project management skills.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills with ability to adapt to different audiences and levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated change agility and resiliency to continually look for opportunities to move forward and make positive impacts in alignment with current and future business needs.
- Ability to advise managers and team members in portfolio areas
- Familiarity with talent-related technology solutions such as Onboarding, Learning Management, Performance Development, Career Development, and/or Succession Management.
- Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality; uses diplomacy, discretion and judgment in giving out information. Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion.
- University degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, Adult Education, a related degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Training or certification in any of the following: third party leadership development content, change management, psychometric evaluation tools, or coaching methodology.
· Travel up to 10%
What we offer
- The target salary range for this position is $$86,537 to $100,624 per year based on experience
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- A group RRSP/DPSP matching program
- Discount on tires and mechanical services
- Flexible hybrid work policy
- Positive work culture, opportunities for growth and development, and work-life balance.
- Opportunities for professional development, such as training programs, mentorship, and tuition reimbursement.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.