The Staff Accountant will perform accounts receivable, accounts payable, and billing tasks as well as financial statement analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly balance sheets and income statements for aircraft owners summarizing monthly activity on owners’ aircraft (completed as part of month-end close).
- Prepare and post journal entry accruals, deferrals and re-classes.
- Review owner statement pass-through financials.
- Perform reconciliations between flight software and general ledger.
- Process member trip invoicing including in flight software, verifying the accuracy of billing data received from Client Services. Enter and post sales transactions in general ledger.
- Field follow-up questions from customers, aircraft owners and flight location base Presidents. Provide additional documentation. and explanation as needed. Resolve discrepancies or errors.
- Process fuel and invoices in flight software. Enter and post payables transactions in general ledger.
- Reconcile pilot credit cards and apply charges as appropriate to trips and/or client invoices.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate Jet Linx’s core values and “Supply the High” in all interactions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of the company and its customers
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative to research and resolve problems
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Green Plains (or other accounting) software
- Ability to multi-task and complete work within assigned timelines under minimal supervision
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Operate office equipment as needed
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required
- At least three years of related experience required
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
- Majority of work is completed in a normal office work environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Able to complete physical activities such as standing, sitting, walking, talking, and hearing to perform daily work functions
- Must be able to move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis