Destination 225 - University Pilot Pathway
Welcome to Destination 225°, an exciting new program in partnership with Southwest Airlines® that provides motivated and capable candidates with a career path into an aviation career. The Destination 225° University pathway is designed for collegiate aviators who attend a Southwest® partner university or complete a Southwest Airlines® Campus Reach Internship.
Our vision is to ease the barriers to becoming a pilot, and guide those who are selected to the University pathway in their next steps: gaining relevant flight experience with a Southwest Airlines partner, in order to put themselves in position to join the ranks as a Southwest Airlines Pilot. Destination 225° is designed to be highly accessible, cost-effective, and innovative.
Jet Linx is excited to offer talented pilots the opportunity to build flight time as a part of our FAA Part 135 fleet, and to share in our culture and values as they prepare for the next stage in your aviation career.
Minimum Qualifications to be Considered:
- Must be accepted into the Destination 225 program via Southwest Airlines acceptance letter
- Must be an actively enrolled in University program affiliated with D225 program
- Must be willing to commit minimum of 2 years to Jet Linx
- Must provide letter of recommendation showing good standing in coursework and flight training
- Must provide current resume displaying current flight times, ratings and other applicable experience
- Must successfully pass TSA background screenings, criminal history records check and FAA/DOT drug testing
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Be able to pass the prescreening requirements needed for employment at Southwest Airlines
- Be able to relocate
Education & Work Experience:
- Achieved a degree/certification from University program
- Commercial, Instrument and Multi-Engine ratings required
- R-ATP requirements required
- Possess a USA DOT/FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Have or be able to obtain a valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the US
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis without the need for company sponsorship of an employment-based visa now or in the future
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of application