Maintenance Aircraft Crew Chief
A Maintenance Crew Chief is a technician that is assigned to one or more aircraft and performs the responsibilities of multiple departments within the maintenance department for their assigned aircraft. Ensures safety and operation of assigned corporate aircraft is upheld to Jet Linx Aviation standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- All duties of Maintenance Technician for their assigned aircraft.
- All duties of Maintenance Control Center, except dispatch maintenance airworthiness release, for their assigned aircraft only
- All duties of Maintenance Scheduling Supervisors for their assigned aircraft
- All duties of the Maintenance Project Coordinator for their assigned aircraft only
- All duties of Regional Maintenance Manager as it pertains to their assigned aircraft only
- All duties of the District Maintenance Supervisor as it pertains to their assigned aircraft only
- Provide Return to Service (RTS) department all required maintenance documentation to ensure RTS can provide Maintenance Event Release in a timely manner.
- Manages unscheduled maintenance activities by performing themselves, or utilizing outside vendors, to ensure repairs are accomplished in a timely manner for the assigned aircraft.
- Manages, or performs, all scheduled maintenance activities from planning to finish that align with Jet Linx and the Aircraft Owner’s requirements.
- Comply with Jet Linx deferral program guidelines to maximize availability of assigned aircraft and coordinate, or perform, repairs to clear any MEL/NEF prior to the expiration date.
- Upholds safety, regulatory, aircraft availability, and fiscal responsibilities are upheld for Jet Linx and the Aircraft Owner.
- Comply with Inspection and RII Inspection requirements per company and regulatory policies as authorized by the company.
- Complete Aircraft Maintenance Projections to capture work to be performed, cost, and downtime of assigned aircraft on a frequency that is acceptable to the company and aircraft owner’s needs.
- Procure and manage parts and materials inventory required for maintenance of aircraft through established company protocols.
- Process invoices pertaining to maintenance of assigned aircraft, in alignment with company procedures.
- Verify aircraft maintenance documentation is properly created, retained, and meets company and regulatory standards in coordination with the Return to Service Department, Maintenance Vendors, and other applicable parties which does not impact the aircraft schedule unless justification is prevalent.
- Upkeep of maintenance tracking system for assigned aircraft to include, but not limited to, review due list, task compliance, audits, purchase orders, and work plans.
- Verify items in the maintenance tracking system for assigned aircraft are monitored daily, and schedule required task appropriately to align with crew days off/training days, and other company and Aircraft Owner needs.
- Responsible for maintaining aircraft programs and subscriptions in coordination with the Jet Linx Maintenance Program Coordinator and Maintenance Project Coordinator teams.
- Communicate through multiple media platforms to ensure knowledge of all maintenance activities of assigned aircraft are known throughout Jet Linx and Aircraft Owner’s organization/s.
- Ensure Jet Linx Aviation, LLC maintains operational control over the assigned aircraft.
- Complies with all Jet Linx processes, procedures, and policies written in company manuals.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service and support as needed.
- The Maintenance Crew Chief is not permitted to perform maintenance event release or dispatch maintenance airworthiness release and will coordinate with MCC or RTS to ensure the operation is able to perform those functions on their assigned aircraft.
- Demonstrate Jet Linx’s core values and “Supply the High” in all interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of the company and its customers
- Strong analytical skills, project management experience and independent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of FAA Part 135, Part 91, and Part 145
- Experience with Aircraft Maintenance Tracking Systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and FOS
- Ability to multi-task and complete work within assigned timelines under minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and initiative
- Knowledge of various Business Aircraft Maintenance Inspection Programs
- Maintain flexible work schedule to meet assigned aircraft demand Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and submit to random drug/alcohol testing when required
Education and Work Experience:
- Two to five years of experience preferred
- Must hold a current mechanic certificate with airframe and powerplant (A&P) ratings with:
- A minimum of two years’ experience maintaining 14 CFR Part 135 aircraft certificated airframe repair station, including 1 year in the capacity of approving aircraft for return to service. And, within the preceding 24 months, that person has had at least six months experience with either inspection, maintenance or return to service of an aircraft or system in accordance with the privileges granted by the license held.
- Move up to 100 pounds on an infrequent basis
- Work indoors and outdoors in varying temperatures and climates
- Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Ability to obtain a U.S. driver's license
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US