Fleet Optimization Specialist
The Fleet Optimization Specialist is responsible for optimizing the company’s fleet schedule and for assigning all Jet Linx Member flights to in-fleet or off-fleet aircraft, while paying specific attention to base financial goals and aircraft hourly requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assign all Jet Linx Member flights to in-fleet or off-fleet aircraft considering all factors including client preference, financial profit/loss, aircraft performance, etc.
2. Source off-fleet aircraft when necessary.
3. Handle all details with off-fleet vendors including trip itineraries, payment etc.
4. Assist in recovering any Member/Charter/Owner mechanical issues.
5. Resolve any pop-up/ASAP flights in a timely manner.
6. Work with Fleet Optimization Managers daily to ensure appropriate hours are on the fleet and that appropriate trade-offs are being made regarding outsourcing vs. flying aircraft within the fleet.
7. Work with Concierge team to provide options, solutions, and the highest level of customer service.
8. Assist in identifying monthly, quarterly, and annual department goals.
9. Research, collect, analyze, and interpret industry trends both nationally and within local markets to ensure the brand is being marketed and
10. Serve as point of contact for off-fleet vendor relations, handling any service issues/concerns.
11. Arrange site visits with off-fleet vendors as necessary to bolster relationships and improve service.
12. Maintain solid understanding of local and national trends.
13. Share in the on-call rotation as needed and on designated nights/holidays.
14. Demonstrate Jet Linx’s core values and “Supply the High” in all interactions.
15. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Possess well-rounded understanding of Jet Linx Aviation business model and projected growth
· Ability to think outside of the box
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of the company and its customers
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and FOS
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
· Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
· Ability to multi-task and complete work within assigned timelines under minimal supervision
· Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and initiative
· Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative to research and resolve problems
· Ability to travel as needed
· Ability to work non-traditional hours as needed
· Operate office equipment as needed
Education and Work Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· 3 or more years of related Aviation experience
· Or, equivalent combination of education and experience
· Majority of work is completed in a normal office work environment
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
· Able to complete physical activities such as standing, sitting, walking, talking, and hearing to perform daily work functions
· Must be able to move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis