The Safety Intern will support the safety department performing Safety Management System (SMS) duties. The Intern will perform functions across a spectrum of duties to include safety trend analysis from submitted aviation safety action program (ASAP) and hazard reports in SMS, to plotting trends, to revising checklists used for auditing so the checklists reflect updated regulatory guidelines and a maturing safety philosophy. The Safety Intern will report to the safety department Sr. Safety Analyst and will prepare reports that will be used internally by the leadership team to monitor safety performance as well as contribute to improving our safety monitoring activities in the Internal Evaluation Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review FAA guidance in FSIMs and Advisory Circulars applicable air carrier internal evaluation program (IEP)
- Draft Updates to IEP checklists and coordinate implementation with stakeholders
- Work as directed by Safety Specialist on aggregation of Safety Assurance trend data
- Work as directed by Safety Specialist on preparing ASAP data for ASAP meetings
- Demonstrate Jet Linx’s core values and “Supply the High” in all interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Knowledgeable of OSHA standards
- Analytical experience in comparing data and trending using Excel or other software platform
- Ability to graph trends and present data visually
- Operate office equipment as needed
Education and Work Experience:
- Pursuant of a degree within Aviation Management, Safety Management, Business Management or comparable bachelor’s degree
- College Junior level student or above
- Majority of work is completed in a normal office work environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Able to complete physical activities such as standing, sitting, walking, talking, and hearing to perform daily work functions
- Must be able to move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis