Sr. Integration & BI Architect
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company-wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Duties: The Sr. Integration & BI Architect will work as part of the Enterprise architecture group (Oracle Applications) to assess the current and future needs around integration and business intelligence technologies. The Sr. Architect will develop, maintain & support scalable Integration, data management & business intelligence technology platforms and support model to meet the organizations current and future needs. The Sr. Architect will perform high-level architectural design, development, and support for data management, integration & business intelligence projects. The Sr. Architect will work closely with other IM group leads, Application Developers, Architects, ETL Developers, functional teams, and strategic vendors to define and rollout projects. The specific duties of the Sr. Architect, BI & Integration will include:
- Develop and administer integration/middleware platform using Oracle SOA, and/or Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC).
- Design and implement integrations between enterprise systems.
- Design and provide hands-on development of cloud-based and enterprise integrations, leveraging API frameworks.
- Create & Maintain best practices and standards for the Oracle SOA platform. Partner with other IT support functions to share knowledge and drive continuous improvement.
- Analyze, evaluate and provide solutions for Integration projects and platforms for consolidation, optimization and operational efficiency.
- Develop Cloud Integration migration strategy and plans.
- Manage & help the vendor teams to achieve high levels of operational excellence. Assist the team by guiding around architectural, design, and development efforts in data management, data quality, data integration, business intelligence, and data visualization technologies.
- Manage technical consultants to design, build, test, and implement new solutions using Informatica Suite, Oracle Suite, Microsoft Suite, and Amazon tools.
- Participate & implement change control and design reviews for projects and on-going IM support.
- Work with cross-functional teams on their data management, data quality, data integration, business intelligence, and data visualization needs and provide solutions.
- Coordinate and work with Partners/Vendors/ Consultants/System Integrators to implement solutions.
- Design, develop and maintenance of interfaces, including integrating ERP with other IT applications, and non-ERP systems.
- Maintain documents and qualification support, including developing and maintaining systems development life cycle (SDLC) documents, SOPs, user training documents, GxP documents, and IQ evidence.
- Perform and Review change control, management of change control execution, and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Three years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills are required
- Exceptional qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience transcribing business requirements, creating project plans and technical documentation and managing technical projects
- Must have 5+ years of demonstrated experience with providing architecture, design and maintenance support for enterprise-scale SOA and other integration implementations.
- Must have 5+ years of demonstrated experience and understanding of Oracle SOA Suite 12c platform BPEL, Oracle Service Bus, technology adapters (JMS, DB, FTP, REST, SOAP), JBoss, and WebLogic server.
- Must have a solid understanding and working knowledge of SOA/EAI/ESB concepts, JAVA & J2EE design patterns, frameworks and enterprise integration patterns.
- Must have solid working knowledge of JSON/XML/XSL/XSLT/XSD, JAXDB, SOAP, WSDL, HTTP, REST, and API development
- Must have 5+ years of demonstrated experience WebLogic JMS Infrastructure (Distributed Topic & Queues configuration, Design Patterns and concepts, AQ) and Message Oriented Middleware
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.