Demand Planner/Process Analyst
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Process Analyst will support Supply Chain’s demand, supply and S&OP activities by creating, maintaining and analyzing information to enable improved decision making.
- Create and maintain detailed clinical demand forecasts and scenarios using industry standard tools for multiple clinical programs
- Partner with clinical operations and program management to align clinical trial assumptions and translate protocol design(s) into program level forecast
- Track forecast against actuals and update the demand forecasts based on actuals, protocol amendments, strategy shifts, etc.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement of procedures and tools used to maintain the forecast
- Support Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) by providing select analyses and recommendations, and maintenance of planning tools
- Maintain metrics and provide analytics that will deliver improved service to patients, inventory levels, costs and adherence to plan
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to secure quality supply of investigational medicinal product to all trial sites and investigators.
- Review production schedules, orders, and related information to establish and maintain accurate visibility to material/kits on hand, in process and required in the future in alignment with approved protocols.
- Communicate with management, internal and external production site leadership, finance and supply chain colleagues to analyze and evaluate options to reconcile production against alternate forecast scenarios.
- Develop, track and use leading and lagging metrics to recommend methods for reducing program risk and ensuring planned, predictable performance.
- Confer with Clinical Operations, Commercial Forecast and Operations teams, staff, and management personnel regarding trial and launch plans, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to forecast manufacturing, warehouse and distribution requirements.
- Proper execution of this role is essential for successful studies as it defines clinical supply needs and delivers on those needs for all clinical programs
- The analytics provided by this role will enable executives within TOPS, Finance and R&D to evaluate information and make informed demand and supply decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, Math, Finance, Operations, or Supply Chain
- APICS certification (CPIM, CRIM, CSCP) preferred
- Formal forecasting or statistics training desirable
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in process analysis, demand planning, clinical planning, forecasting, and/or supply chain planning for the Business Analyst level. 5-7 years of experience for a Sr. Analyst or 3-5 years with a Masters degree.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, look-ups, formulas, data sourcing) and Data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Strong analytical, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.