Associate Director, Achondroplasia Patient, North America Brand Management
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Associate Director, Achondroplasia Patient, North America Brand Management will be responsible for supporting the Achondroplasia Patient Marketing Lead and overall Caregiver/Patient marketing and brand management for BioMarin’s Achondroplasia program.
The position is a unique opportunity to support the development of innovative caregiver and patient initiatives to drive the success of the brand, including disease state initiatives to condition the market, and execution of the VOXZOGO launch plan. This position requires a mix of strategic acumen, sensitivity and adaptability to a unique therapeutic area, a willingness to roll-up your sleeves, and the ability to adapt to the rapid changes occurring in how BioMarin reaches customers.
This key role within the Achondroplasia North America Brand Team is focused on driving launch and lifecycle initiatives for VOXZOGO, approved in the US in November 2021. The Associate Director provides support to manage day to day operations of multiple innovative and collaborative projects. The ideal candidate will have launch and/or rare disease marketing experience. This role is also an opportunity for a candidate with familiarity of digital and media channels to demonstrate leadership in supporting the team in shaping projects and tactics to evolve with the increased reliance on digital environments. Having a strong understanding of and respect for this empowered community of patients with achondroplasia, parents, patient advocates and dedicated health care providers is expected. This individual will ensure all projects and tactics remain on track to meet deadlines by supporting the Patient Marketing Lead in liaising with and managing relationships between agencies and internal cross-functional partners.
- Provide marketing and project management by supporting day to day activities with a focus on the below key caregiver and patient initiatives:
- Develop strategy and management of VOXZOGO patient events program, partnering with Patient lead and vendor to:
- Develop a strategic content plan for patient events
- Lead execution of patient event content
- Partner with HCP Brand Team and cross-functional teams on management of HCP and Caregiver speaker faculty
- Design impactful patient CRM campaigns (branded and unbranded); oversee internal digital operations lead for execution and analysis of campaign insights and results
- VOXZOGO core launch plan and lifecycle execution:
- Partner with brand team and promotional AOR to drive development of key strategies and tactics to target the caregiver market in initial launch stage and lifecycle opportunities
- Own development of media plan and deliverables with AOR and internal creative team, for both DSE and branded media efforts
- Support Patient lead on management of PAG Engagement Plan and Caregiver/Patient Advisory Board Plan
- Support development and execution of key market research projects during initial launch of VOXZOGO and lifecycle opportunities
- Supports brand team with budget management, coordinating with key vendors on SOW/PO development/submission, and reporting of monthly accruals
- Ensure tactics and plans align with NORAM commercial caregiver/patient strategies defined in the VOXZOGO brand plans
- Involvement in and exposure to annual strategic brand planning
- Drive development and management of internal creative scope of work, partnering with Marketing Ops and internal creative team on execution of deliverables
- Partner with Marketing Operations and agencies to shepherd materials through promotional and medical review committee tracks, ensuring document quality and deadline adherence
- Liaise with Global and program managers to ensure timely kick-off and execution of deliverables
- Collaborate with compliance and field leadership to ensure projects and tactics are appropriate and meet needs of the field team
- Assist Patient Lead in coordinating sub-team meetings and follow-through
- Supports and manages Teams files to keep them up-to-date and streamline cross-functional communication
- Support team and demonstrate leadership by assisting efforts to shift “traditional” marketing tactics to digital channels and virtual environment as well as identifying other strategic opportunities
- Passion for and genuine commitment to supporting rare disease communities
- Sensitivity to unique issues surrounding the achondroplasia community
- Minimum 6+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech marketing experience; agency experience a plus
- KOL engagement, marketing, and project management experience required
- Successful experience collaborating with project teams including cross-functional communication and decision making, while ensuring strong stakeholder alignment
- Strong analytical problem solving and contingency planning skills
- Proactive and agile, able to work independently and as part of a high-functioning team
- Ability to think innovatively, identify opportunities and communicate ideas effectively
- Experience managing projects, budgets and timelines
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Teams
- Excellent organization, communication and facilitation skills
- Rare disease pre-launch preparation and successful launch experience
- Agency experience and/or project management background
- Track record of successful engagement with cross-functional stakeholders (sales, medical, operations, etc)
- Experience marketing new technologies/MOAs and/or novel therapies
- History of meaningful collaborations with caregiver/patient communities, PAGS, and health care professionals
- Patient marketing experience preferred
- Experience managing agencies including advertising, digital, and market research
- Bachelor's Degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.