The Research Associate I will function to complete molecular biology and cell culture work for analytical sciences in support of process sciences goals. Responsibilities of the role include:
- Direct support of molecular biology teams by completing nucleic acid extractions and quantitative PCR reactions
- Direct support of bioassay teams by completing routine eukaryotic cell culture, viral vector transductions, protein quantitation by immunoassay, and enzyme activity quantitation by biochemical methods.
The individual selected will be expected to work effectively with the hiring manager to coordinate completion of these support activities for multiple teams.
- At least 2+ years of work experience in a bioanalytical laboratory, research laboratory, or biotechnology company post completion of a bachelor’s degree is required. Candidates with extensive work experience while completing a bachelor’s may also be considered.
- Nucleic acid extractions, PCR, and eukaryotic cell culture are required.
- Viral vector transduction, immunoassay, and biochemical assay experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent skills with detailed lab records are required.
- Effectiveness working on teams is required.
Bachelor’s degree in a biological or biochemical field or bachelor’s degree and equivalent experience with nucleic acid extractions, PCR, eukaryotic cell culture, immunoassays or other quantitative bioanalytical methods is required.