Research Associate I
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
|Research Associate I|
|Research Associate I : Research Associate I|
- Performing Immunohisotchemical and In Situ Hybridization Assays
- Performing basic histologic techniques (including but not limited to): Fixation, Embedding, Sectioning, and Staining
- Epifluorescence and Confocal Microscopy
- Image Analysis
- Assay development and trouble-shooting.
- Performing mammalian cell line maintenance and cell based assays.
- Execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- 0-2 years experience
- Good critical thinking and attention to details are required.
- Experience performing Immunohisotchemical Assays
- Experience with Microscopy
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Experience performing In Situ Hybridization Assays
- Experience using image analysis software: Image J, Volocity, etc.
- Experience with assay development
Bachelor’s degree in Science with 2+ years of relevant experience or Master’s degree with minimal work experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.