EUMEA Contract Associate
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Legal team in EUMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) has responsibility for the management of contracts for the departments and regional teams in the company’s EUMEA organisation. The purpose of this position of Contract Associate is to support the management of the day-to-day contracting requirements of all the department’s internal clients and ensure the smooth and swift delivery of contracts to them. It will also involve liaison with the broader legal group and contract teams worldwide.
We are a high-performing, team-based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions. A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as organisational skills.
- Draft, prepare and organise all assigned contracts in the legal system and work closely with colleagues to turn around and deliver support and contracts to the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of legal policies, advice and training.
- Assist with the implementation and running of the legal IT systems, processes and ensure training provided to clients where necessary.
- Assist with drafting and organisation of corporate documents.
- Maintain current understanding of laws and regulations, industry trends and changes applicable to pharmaceutical/biotechnology compliance in the EUMEA region.
- Coordinate project management of various legal-related activities and initiatives.
- Other ad hoc duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
- Have qualified with an Honours Degree at a minimum. Law degree a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years legal in-house experience. Experience at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology organization strongly preferred. Law firm experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the pressures on in-house legal departments and use of IT systems to process and organise contracts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the legal and regulatory framework affecting the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry in Europe.
- A sound knowledge of Irish law as it relates to contracts and companies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- A high level of administrative skills – excellent knowledge of all Microsoft office applications
- Proven ability to work with all levels of organizations.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service focus, excellent organizational skills and proven time management skills.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and a strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others in addressing complex issues.
- Strong persuasive and influencing skills and sound business judgment.
- Strong task-focused work ethic with a demonstrated ability to work to and meet tight deadlines and commitments.
- Demonstrated flexible approach to adapt to changing in business needs, as they arise. This requires the ability to be flexible in managing own workload and in supporting the workload of the team which may require you to work in a new style for periods to support projects.
- Proven self-motivation, a self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize issues, allocate resources and multi-task
- Demonstration of being capable of working on own initiative without regular supervision.
Vice-President of Legal and Compliance, EUMEA;
Senior Manager, Contract Management and Legal Systems, EUMEA;
Contract Associates in EUMEA and the other geographical regions;
Corporate Counsel, Legal Department, EUMEA.
This position will interact and work closely with colleagues from all departments throughout the organization
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.