BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This role functions within Global Medical Affairs and supports Medical Information, Medical Communications, and Epidemiology and Real World Evidence groups.
The Group Executive Coordinator models mastery of time management, attention to detail, organizational skills, clear communication, calendaring, filing and agenda creation including, but not limited to the following.
- Travel booking
- Expense reports
- Meeting planning and execution
- Catering and coordination for meetings
- Represents GMAF in a highly professional and friendly manner
- Collaborates with other Executive Coordinators as needed in support of any larger department activities and to develop internal relationships and events in support of GMAF Group Leads
- Liaises with Team Leads and relevant key internal stakeholders to ensure clear, professional communication around GMAF Executive’s activities
- Meeting agenda creation
- Meeting minutes
- Maintain action item log and follow up on status
- Shipping to meeting venues
- Working with printer for printed materials
- Congress support including assistance with poster development and shipping of materials
- Tracking and report generation in Datavision
- Handling of expenses
Why you are good fit for this role:
- Actively offers and receives timely, honest and clear communication
- Supports Group and Executives who operate in a functional culture of expecting, and delivering to high performance standards and with high scientific excellence
- Thrives in an environment of cross-functional interaction and collaboration by highlighting interdependencies
- Is a team member able to participate and support the teams to achieve their goals
- Maintains focus to support achievement of corporate goals and objectives
- Looks for best practices that can be leveraged in solution development
Microsoft Office (O365) suite, SharePoint, Concur, Datavision (a plus).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.