Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
The estimated salary range for this role based in California is between $57,000 and $68,000 annually. This role is eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and individual performance per bioMerieux’s bonus program. This range may differ from ranges offered for similar positions elsewhere in the country given differences in cost of living. Actual compensation within this range is determined based on the successful candidate’s experience and will be presented in writing at the time of the offer.
In addition, bioMérieux offers a competitive Total Rewards package that may include:
- A choice of medical (including prescription), dental, and vision plans providing nationwide coverage and telemedicine options
- Company-Provided Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan including a generous non-discretionary employer contribution and employer match
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Various voluntary benefit offerings
- Discount programs
- Parental leaves
The world is facing a medical crisis, bacteria are increasingly evolving resistance to even our strongest antibiotics. The problem is already very real and immediate; for example, bloodstream infection leading to sepsis is now responsible for more than half of all deaths in hospitals and is the most expensive condition treated in hospitals. Sepsis mortality rate increases >6% every hour without effective antibiotic treatment. Yet, despite the life and death urgency, and healthcare cost impacts, current methodologies require 3 days to determine the correct antibiotic.
Specific Diagnostics, a bioMerieux company, has developed a breakthrough solution to rapidly determine the effective antibiotic treatment for bloodstream and other acute infections. Used for bloodstream infection Specific’s solution provides results 2 days sooner than existing methods, saving patients suffering from drug-resistant infection.
Equipment Technician for Manufacturing Team. The equipment technician will be working in a clean room environment and will be responsible for maintaining all equipment, tools, and fixtures forthe manufacturing department. The role will also include performing preventive maintenance, coordinating calibrations, and assisting engineers in installation and validation of equipment.
- Perform duties in accordance with site’s environment, health, and safety regulations.
- Perform all work in compliance with company’s quality procedures and standards.
- Collaborate with Engineering team and equipment suppliers to establish preventive maintenance schedules, calibration schedules, and critical spare parts lists.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioned equipment and repair them.
- Perform preventive/corrective maintenance activities and create appropriate documentation and records.
- Order equipment spare parts and manage inventory.
- Assist engineers in installation and validation of equipment and tools.
- Demonstrating the behaviors of being a self-starter who is organized, detailed, conscientious, and ambitious.
- Models behaviors such as being a team player with a positive attitude, approaching projects/tasks with a sense of ownership.
- Performs documentation requirements in a cGMP compliant manner in accordance with Quality Policies.
- Responsible to follow all site Safety Policies/OSHA policies including requirements as related to personal protection equipment as needed to perform routine and non-routine duties.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in addition to autonomously as required.
- Effectively communicates within team and interfaces with other site departments, verbally and written.
- Ability to maintain and execute a Project Schedule.
- Minimum 2 years of troubleshooting or repairing production equipment and machines required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a cGMP environment preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience performing preventive maintenance and replacing parts
- Minimum 1 year experience coordinating equipment calibrations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic Computer Skills required; must be experienced and proficient in the use of: Basic Microsoft Office tools (specifically Word & Excel).
- Excellent documentation and communication skills (written & verbal).
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical diagrams
- Experienced with equipment change control and standard operation procedures (generation/revision).
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds of load
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).