Finished Goods Manufacturing Maintenance Technician I, II or III - B Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of its Quality System.
- Perform moderately-complex repairs involving manual to semi-automated manufacturing and/or packaging equipment. Perform basic routine preventative and scheduled maintenance on manual to semi-automated production equipment, which may include the replacement of failed/broken components (i.e. bearing, belts, motors, etc.), cleaning and lubricating parts, etc.
- Performs troubleshooting activities to identify issues with equipment and use judgment to repair or correct those issues
- Provide emergency support to repair production equipment in order to keep production lines operational at all times.
- Dismantle defective and/or outdated equipment
- Build and install new/repaired parts or equipment according to blueprints, specifications, WIDs, and SOPs.
- Performs some simple automation tasks as they relate to hardware.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
- Must be able to take and pass required EPA testing for refrigeration certification
- Supports routine problems or standard repairs for automated equipment.
- Perform off-line mechanical rework activities
- Other duties as assigned
Training and Education: High School diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree in a scientific/technical discipline preferred
Experience: Minimum of 2 years (Level II) or 5 years (Level III) of experience in directly related field/role. Must have previous troubleshooting and hands on repair experience. Previous experience in a fast-paced cGMP environment is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technical issues/equipment
- Ability to perform hands on repairs using a variety of hand tools
- Must be able to interpret and follow blueprints, WIDs, etc.
- Must possess well-developed interpersonal skills and a willingness to work collaboratively and take direction from other team members
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to interface with all levels of the manufacturing organization and to carry out required documentation activities
- Demonstrated sense of urgency when carrying out critical tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Propensity for paying close attention to details
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Basic electrical systems
- Mechanical systems
- Automated manufacturing equipment
- Technical and/or regulatory documentation
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).