Electrical Engineer - Manufacturing I-II
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Description of Responsibilities
This electrical engineer applies general electrical engineering and other engineering principles to develop, maintain, and improve the products we make and use for Biofire’s instrumentation products. This is achieved through investigations, including troubleshooting and root cause analysis of failures, collaborating with various team members and suppliers, performing lower complexity design changes, performing testing, and verifying and releasing products into production as applicable. This engineer works within an engineering team and/or a project team–under the leadership of a more experienced individual (e.g. senior/principal engineer, manufacturing engineering manager, and/or project manager).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to solve a variety of minimal to moderate engineering problems across functional groups and disciplines
- Primary focus is on electrical engineering; however, involvement in other aspects of engineering will be required.
- Works on problems of minimal to moderate scope and complexity. Generally, works on a team with other engineers under a senior engineer or engineering manager.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Travel: Minimal travel required
- Team: Usually works on a team with several engineers, including project and/or engineering manager. The project team often includes groups outside engineering such as quality, production, materials handling, purchasing, program management and regulatory.
Training and Education
B.S. in Engineering or Equivalent
0 to 5 years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience and/or education with the following is preferred:
- Altium Designer
- Schematic Capture
- PCBA Layout
- Analog and Digital Circuit Design
- Embedded software
- Control Systems
- Circuit debug
- Root cause analysis
- Six Sigma/SPC
- Technical writing
- Compliancy (CE, UL, FCC, RoHS, REACH)
- Able to safely lift 20 pounds.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).