Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
The Engineer will work for the Reagent Engineering Equipment Team. This Team is responsible for the development and sustaining of manufacturing equipment used to produce a complex medical device.
The Engineer will primarily work as a liaison with the manufacturing and equipment maintenance departments. This role supports product manufacturing and line maintenance as a representative of the engineering department with an overall objective of maintaining product quality and equipment uptime.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of all manufacturing related equipment.
- Monitor the manufacturing processes for issues that may impact product quality and/or equipment uptime including unplanned downtime events.
- Facilitate timely and accurate response to issues impacting product quality and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Support and be on-call 24 hours / day for reactive maintenance activities related to complex and/or challenging issues.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the manufacturing and maintenance groups related to support for day-to-day equipment issues.
- Assist the engineering department with the implementation of project activity.
- Develop documentation such as equipment master records, drawings, parts lists, etc. as required.
- Support and manage change control process and other compliance related documentation.
- Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing equipment and processes.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Preferred 2 year Associates Degree or equivalent technical training or experience in; packaging equipment, automation systems, mechanical systems, motion control, robotics, vision inspection systems.
- Preferred 5 years minimum experience as an engineering technician or maintenance technician in a highly automated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated and strong equipment troubleshooting experience including experience with troubleshooting Allen Bradley programmable controllers using Factory Talk Studio 5000 preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with mechanical and electrical documentation and components as these relate to packaging equipment preferably including:
- Sensors and inspection systems
- 24VDC through 480VAC power and control systems.
- Motion control systems
- Pneumatic systems
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated communication and inter-departmental interpersonal skills.
- Preferred knowledge & experience of FDA/ISO regulations and equipment validation.
Domestic travel requires 10 % of time
International travel required <5 % of time
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).