Template Control Laboratory Technologist I
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
The Template Control Laboratory Technologist (LT) works with a team that formulates DNA and RNA template control components to support the company’s in vitro diagnostic products’ research and development, manufacturing, validations, and quality control efforts. The LT-I will use established methods and techniques to maintain the lab’s DNA and RNA template inventory, perform template manipulations and verification including diluting, aliquoting, mixing, quantitative PCR, quantitative RT-PCR, and FilmArray analysis, perform template and control mix formulations, and dispense template and control mixes to dependent departments in accordance with the company’s quality system.The LT-I will receive general instruction on routine work, perform lab duties under supervision, and receive training and additional instruction for new tasks as needed.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioMerieux’s Quality System.
- Ensure production events are completed per the production schedule.
- Perform general lab maintenance duties, conduct studies, collect data, and keep an accurate record of all work.
- Assist with maintaining inventory of DNA and RNA template, pouch control mixes, and omega QC mixes.
- Utilize sterile technique to perform manipulations and verifications of DNA and RNA templates including diluting, aliquoting, formulating, qPCR, qRT-PCR, and FilmArray analysis.
- Utilize sterile technique in working with microorganisms, including liquid and plate cultures, quantification, dilution, and storage.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of assigned production area(s)
- Distribute controls and omega mixes to dependent departments.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts as assigned
- Maintain records in compliance with regulatory requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and as required by the Quality System
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education:
- Candidates will hold a B.S. in chemistry, biology, or a related field, or hold an Associate’s degree and have exceptional lab experience.
- Minimum 6 months previous experience in a laboratory setting (either academic or professional) is required.
- Previous cGMP experience is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of proper pipetting technique
- Mathematic competency
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to accurately follow both written and verbal instruction
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly collaborative and team oriented
- Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- Must be able to safely lift 25lbs.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).