Systems Engineer I/II
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This engineer works within a project team – generally in collaboration with a Project Manager. This engineer uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of systems engineering, integrating electrical, mechanical, and firmware design as part of a molecular diagnostic system design., and any other expertise that might be held by this particular individual. This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leads to ensure instrument product development activities of the company are accomplished in accordance with BioFire’s quality system.
- General: uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of systems engineering.
- Description: Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to solve a variety of complex engineering problems across functional groups and disciplines.
- Works on: projects of limited to moderate scope and complexity. Generally works with a team of engineers.
- Influence: works in collaboration with a senior Systems Engineer, engineering lead, and/or Project Manager, and provides oversight and guidance to project engineers.
- System Engineering:
- Interfaces with engineers, designers, technicians, and specialists of multiple disciplines to ensure that system-level design objectives are met and conform to requirements.
- Works with engineers to resolve technical issues associated with design and implementation of the system.
- Determines the overall technical direction and architecture for the project with management to ensure solution meets corporate / strategic vision for the project.
- Writes Contributes to the Engineering Risk Analysis, product (and/or process) requirements, product (and/or process) verification, high-level block diagram, and the verification plan with the Project Manager and in collaboration with other project leads.
- Attends project technical reviews. Reviews project documents for technical content.
- Attends risk analysis meetings, reviews FMEAs, and works with project team to ensures appropriate risk mitigation and translation into specifications.
- Evaluate subsystems and subassemblies against system requirements. Ensures proper subsystem and subassembly interfaces.
- Ensures compliance to standards and regulations (e.g. UL, CE, FDA, ISO).
- Responsible Contributes technical content to for the technical aspects of the Design History File and the Device Master Record.
- Contributes to product (and/or process) level Design Change Notice Notifications and associated summary and Change Order supporting Instrument release.
- Supports the creation of the project Work Breakdown Structure in collaboration with the Project Manager. Assists the Project Manager with stakeholder identification.
- Compliance: Perform all work in compliance with company policy and ensures all project documents comply with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
Leads projects technically by consulting consult with engineering leads and making data-based project recommendations and decisions subject to senior engineer oversight. Assists in making final project decisions, subject to review by the Project Manager and Engineering Management.
Implements mitigation to evaluated design and process risks and provides translation into design and process specifications. Reviews all assigned technical aspects of the project and makes contributes to determinations regarding system risks.
Travel: minimal travel required.
Team: usually works on a team with several engineers and a Project Manager.
Training and Education:
B.S. in Engineering or Equivalent
Experience: 0-2 years of experience for a level I 2-5 years of experience for a level II in a related field, including performance consistent with said experience as applicable.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Risk Analysis (e.g., FMEA)
- Electromechanical Systems Integration
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software Systems Integration
- Requirements creation and management
- Data Analytics (e.g. Six Sigma)
- Test-Driven Development
- Electrical Design (e.g, Schematic Capture, PCB Layout, Analog Circuit Design, Digital Circuit Design, Control Systems)
- Mechanical Design (e.g. Solidworks, Plastics design, Optics design, sheet metal design, molding processes, materials, pneumatics, machining esp. CNC, GD&T
- Resource Allocation and Project Scheduling
- Compliancy (CE, UL, FCC, RoHS)
Able to safely lift 50 pounds.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).