Manufacturing Engineering Equipment Build Manager
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team Planning, Organization, and Execution
- Work with director on team structure to support equipment build needs
- Ensure build WIDs meet the needs of the build team
- Investigate and disposition non-conforming parts
- Assign and balance assignments to team to accomplish equipment build objectives
- Identify and clear roadblocks in the build process
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that the builds are set up for success
- Team training and development
- Ensure all manufacturing engineering managers perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of Biomerieux’s Quality System.
- Provide development path and training to support employee growth.
- Provide mentoring for team members.
- Set and review goals and objectives for manufacturing engineering technicians.
- Coordination and communication
- Establish and maintain good relationships with cross functional teams, especially operations, manufacturing engineering, and materials management.
- Communicate progress and needs to department Director.
- Report on build status and timelines.
- Act as equipment build team representative in project and program level meetings.
Bachelor of Science degree (Engineering or Equivalent)
5+ years in related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Planning/Organizing - Must have the ability to independently and effectively plan, organize, coordinate, and follow-up on assignments.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Troubleshooting – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ability to work with other departments to coordinate activities
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship skills; able to communicate effectively with cross functional groups at all levels of the organization, written and oral.
- Comfortable presenting to and communicating with cross-functional groups at multiple levels.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Project, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel) is required.
- Negotiation Skills
- Management of Personnel
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).