Electrical Engineer III or IV - Development
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This engineer works within a project* team. This engineer may also serve as a lead or project manager. The engineer uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of electrical engineering and any other expertise that might be held by this particular individual. This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other members and the leadership of the team to which he/she is assigned as well as company management in order to meet the goals of the project*. As a senior individual, this engineer is expected to share expertise and advise or mentor other engineers to aid in their professional development, as well as build the core competency of the company’s engineering department in general.
*Projects include but are not limited to: Instrument Development, Instrument Research, Test/Manufacturing Equipment Design.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- If in a leadership role – is responsible for leading and managing the project or portions of the project to which he/she is assigned as a leader to accomplish the goals of the project.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as instruments and laboratory equipment as well as manufacturing processes and equipment such as for use in Instrument production.
- May be involved in the fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of Instrument, Processes, and Equipment consistent with above.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Equivalent.
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Altium Designer
- Schematic Capture
- PCB Layout
- Analog Circuit Design
- Digital Circuit Design
- Embedded hardware and firmware
- Control Systems
- Multi-layer PCBAs
- High-speed design
- Circuit Debug
- Regulatory Compliance (CE, EMC, UL, FCC, RoHS)
Electrical Engineer III Desired Experience
Minimum of 5 years of experience in related field– including performance consistent with said experience.
Electrical Engineer IV Desired Experience
Minimum of 10 years of experience in related field – including performance consistent with said experience.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).