Pouch Manufacturing Maintenance Technician I, II, III, - Day Shift - (A Schedule)
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
bioMerieux is looking for a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician II or III to join our growing team! The Manufacturing Maintenance Technician II/III will perform preventative maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting of moderately-complex mechanical and electrical issues as it relates to semi-automated and automated manufacturing equipment. This position works closely with a team of Manufacturing Maintenance Technicians in a fast- paced production environment, and will address escalated issues of lower-level team members.
PLEASE NOTE: The working schedule for this position will be Sunday - Tuesday and every other Wednesday from 5:50 AM - 6:20 PM.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of its Quality System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform moderately-complex to complex repairs involving semi-automated and automated manufacturing and /or packaging equipment.
- Perform moderately complex to complex preventative and scheduled maintenance on semi-automated and automated production equipment, which may include the replacement of failed/broken components (i.e. bearing, belts, motors, etc.), cleaning and lubricating parts, etc.
- Performs complex troubleshooting activities to identify issues with equipment and use judgment to repair or correct those issues which are often beyond the scope of establish WIDs and documentation. This may include hardware, electrical and PLC systems.
- Provide emergency support to repair production equipment in order to keep production lines operational at all times.
- Dismantle defective and /or outdated equipment
- Build and install new/repaired parts or equipment according to blueprints, specifications, WIDs, and SOPs.
- Performs some moderately-complex automation tasks, including some work with PLC systems and automation calibration or set up tasks
- Must be able to take and pass required EPA testing for refrigeration certification.
- Act as a mentor to Manufacturing Maintenance Technician II team members.
- Acts as a departmental subject matter expert to support business needs and objectives beyond standard team activities.
- Perform off-line mechanical and electrical rework activities.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree in a scientific/technical discipline preferred. Must be able to pass basic PLC training. Must have or be able to obtain EPA refrigeration certification.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years (Level II) or 5 years (Level III) of experience in directly related field/role. Must have previous experience troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and electrical equipment. Previous experience in a fast-paced cGMP environment is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technical issues/equipment
- Ability to perform hands on repairs using a variety of hand tools
- Must be able to interpret and follow blueprints, WIDs, etc. and to think critically and solve problems outside of the scope of these documents.
- Must possess well-developed interpersonal skills and a willingness to work collaboratively and take direction from other team members
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to interface with all levels of the manufacturing organization and to carry out required documentation activities
- Demonstrated sense of urgency when carrying out critical tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Propensity for paying close attention to details
- Knowledge of PLC systems
- Demonstrated proficiency for providing clear and effective feedback and to mentor junior team members
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Advanced proficiency with electrical systems
- Mechanical systems
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).