Building Operator - Night Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Building Operator to join our growing team! Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the building operator is responsible for building systems and operations; responding to emergency issues; and monitoring, prioritizing, or responding as needed to requests. Responsible for assisting in providing administrative, operational, and technical service and support.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Monitors, operates, adjusts, regulates, maintains and troubleshoots building automation systems to ensure proper function toward safety and comfort. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Logs, analyzes and prioritizes work requests then responds or escalates to others
- Checks of chilled, heated and domestic water temperature and pressures
- Checks of compressed air pressure and humidity
- Chiller loading, tower operation, condenser water chemistry
- Check building zone temperatures and adjust as needed
- Check belts and motors for noise to prevent failures and down time
- Check generators, ups batteries for charge, voltage and fuel
- Checks general condition of electrical systems and make repairs, i.e. fuses, lights
- Overseeing unscheduled repairs of HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, lighting, electrical, elevating devices and life safety systems
- Conducts preventive maintenance on systems and equipment including, but not limited to:
- Check for oil, air and water leaks on all mechanical equipment
- Work with associated contractors to correct building issues with regards to warranty work
- Replace belts, lights, fuses or reset circuit breakers when required
- Cleans equipment, and floors of spills and overflow in equipment room
- Remove and relocate furniture and electrical connections as needed
- Assist custodial staff in ordering and receiving supplies
- Respond to emergency situations as directed or requested by personnel
- Coordinate and assist other craft disciplines as needed to complete tasks
- Provides input to the management for the development and continued updating of preventive maintenance programs for the Facility department
- Advises the Facilities Manager of any need for changes to operational procedures and policies to make the systems run more smoothly
- Assist facility security access through badging and key management
- Learn and understand clean room policies and procedures and assist with access.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
* Must be receptive to change, adapting to changing circumstances, and making suggestions for improvements
* Ability to deal with a variety of situations requiring independent action, judgement, and initiative in a self-directed managing environment
* Computer skills, word, excel, outlook, AutoCAD a plus
* General knowledge of various construction trades
* Knowledge of the "Occupational Health and Safety Act" and compliance with codes
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written, with all levels within the company
* Understand limitations and know when to escalate the issue
* Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships
* Results and detail oriented
* Work within an environment that is subject to moderate to high levels of stress in emergency
* Valid Driver's license
* 4+ years in one of the major trades (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, Controls)
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).