HVAC/R Technician II/III - Weekend Night Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Benefits at bioMerieux:
- Weekend night shift sign-on bonus of $1,500 on the first paycheck and $1,500 after 6 months of employment
- 11 paid holidays
- 160 hours of paid time off
- 401k retirement plan
- Low-cost medical insurance that starts on day one
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria with a daily food stipend
- Annual bonus
bioMerieux is looking for a licensed journeyman HVAC/R to supervise and repair all HVAC issues and maintenance at our current locations. This HVAC Technician inspects, installs, troubleshot/repairs and replaces, pumps compressors controls, piping, chillers, boilers, heat pumps, ETC.
Interprets blueprints and works from sketches or verbal instructions. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and compliance with local codes. Estimates time and material costs on HVAC/R projects and requisitions new materials and equipment. Applies advanced skills to the position or specialization. Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position. Duties and tasks reflect variety and complexity. Assignments can be broad in nature and may require originality and ingenuity. May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of problems and issues. Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.
PLEASE NOTE: The working schedule for this position is Friday - Monday.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support general facilities activities in areas of plumbing and other areas as required
- Perform all job duties under the direction and supervision of higher level staff
- Install, repair, and replace building HVAC/R equipment
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities
- Inspects facilities and equipment
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work effectively with outside vendors and contractors
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Cooperate with other technicians in completing assigned job duties
- Work from drawings, email, electronic systems and/or verbal instructions using a variety of hand and power tools
- Safely operate company vehicles
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of bMx’s Quality System.
Must have at least 4 years journeyman experience in commercial HVAC/R. Must have strong background in chillers, cooling towers Boilers, air compressors, pumps and controls.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).