Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
The world is facing a medical crisis, bacteria are increasingly evolving resistance to even our strongest antibiotics. The problem is already very real and immediate; for example, bloodstream infection leading to sepsis is now responsible for more than half of all deaths in hospitals and is the most expensive condition treated in hospitals. Sepsis mortality rate increases >6% every hour without effective antibiotic treatment. Yet, despite the life and death urgency, and healthcare cost impacts, current methodologies require 3 days to determine the correct antibiotic.
Specific Diagnostics, a bioMerieux company, has developed a breakthrough solution to rapidly determine the effective antibiotic treatment for bloodstream and other acute infections. Used for bloodstream infection Specific’s solution provides results 2 days sooner than existing methods, saving patients suffering from drug-resistant infection.
This is the job for you if you want to be where your ideas are central to a world-changing and life-saving product. Data analytics is at the core of our company we are seeking an exceptional talent to join our team. You will be a key contributor and critical to the success of the company. The main analysis tasks you are expected to contribute to are:
- Use graphs and infographics to visualize and mine data
- Collaborate with a team of scientists to process and interpret data using statistical techniques
- Create reports and presentations based on recommendations and findings
- Establish KPIs to drive business decisions
This is not a job for a numbers-only person. We want someone with a passion for and experience in the sciences that will lead you to look deeply into the sources of the data along with the scientists so that the data analysis is influenced by the science of our diagnostic technology and the science is influenced by the analysis.
You have a proven track record of successfully developing, validating, and deploying data analysis and analytical methods to solve challenging real-world applications. You have strong domain knowledge in the field of statistical analysis and signal processing. You should have a track record of success in your education and projects and have these characteristics and skills:
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or related field and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Expert in Python and Pandas.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, JSON, and Tableau preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Full fluency (verbal and written) of the English language is a must.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).