Supplier Process Engineer IV/V
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This senior engineer works within a manufacturing engineering team and/or a project team– generally under the leadership of a project manager and/or engineering manager. This engineer uses knowledge on manufacturing best practices to work with suppliers and Biomerieux team members to improve the quality and consistency of Biomerieux raw materials. This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- General: uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering and process control/improvement activities which are generally considered within the realm of manufacturing engineering, process engineering, and supplier quality oversight and monitoring.
- Description: Uses engineering concepts, supplier manufacturing and testing process expertise, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to both assess new supplier process capability, and solve a variety of difficult manufacturing and engineering problems with suppliers across functional groups and disciplines.
- Works on: problems of moderate to significant scope and complexity. Generally works on a team with other engineers to support new product or process implementation, or control/improvement of existing/released supplier processes.
- Influence: Typically serves as lead technical representative on supplier quality and supplier process capability issues and topics.
- Compliance: Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
Makes supplier capability assessments and recommendations for suitability for Biomerieux products, subject to review by engineering, production, quality assurance, and procurement teams.
- Travel: Up to 1-2 months per year expected travel required to supplier locations.
- Team: Usually works on a team with engineers, members of quality and procurement teams, typically under guidance of a project manager and/or engineering manager.
Training and Education:
B.S. in Engineering or Equivalent
10+ years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
Experience with supplier manufacturing processes is preferred, specifically:
- PCBA fabrication
- wire harnesses
- Molding processes
- Machining (esp. CNC)
- Six Sigma/Lean/SPC
- Process Validation
- Electrical Schematics
Able to safely lift 20 pounds.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).