Manufacturing Engineer III/IV
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This manufacturing engineer is a high performing contributor to our engineering team for instrument sustainment and/or improvements, and ensures engineering activities of the company are accomplished in accordance with BioFire’s quality system. This team member executes design changes and improvements to released instrumentation, including parts and assembly/test processes and associated equipment. This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- General: uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of manufacturing engineering.
- Description: Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to solve a variety of complex engineering problems across functional groups and disciplines.
- Works on: problems of significant scope and complexity. Generally works on a team with other engineers.
- Influence: receives limited oversight from a Principal Engineer, may be a discipline lead on a project, and provides mentoring for other engineers.
- Compliance: Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
Training and Education: B.S. in Engineering or Equivalent
Manufacturing Engineer III
5 years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
Manufacturing Engineer IV
10 years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Sheet metal design
- Heat Transfer
- Molding Processes
- Materials (e.g. plastics, aluminum, copper, steel, etc.)
- Machining (esp. CNC)
- Lean/Six Sigma/SPC
- Process Validation
Physical Requirements: Able to safely lift 20 pounds.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).