Software Engineer I - III: New Product Development
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At bioMérieux, we design innovative in vitro diagnostic solutions that are at the forefront of the most advanced technologies. We are looking for a Software Engineer to be a part of a small, dynamic, medical diagnostic team, by contributing to the development of a next generation diagnostics system which will improve the health of patients and ensure consumer safety for global public health.
Software engineers are expected to understand the specifications and schedules under which the project operates. They should work efficiently with the development and test engineering groups to produce high quality software by coding to industry standards, writing unit and regression tests intended to run on continuous integration build servers, and effectively utilizing the development tools. When specifications are incorrect or inconsistent, they should discuss changes with project managers.
Engineers are expected to check in their source code and unit tests to source control on a regular basis. They should work with their teams to move software through the Quality System.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities -
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of bioMerieux’s Quality System.
- Learn about bioMerieux’s mission and values.
- Read and interpret software specifications and implement software according to those specifications.
- Maintain bioMerieux’s software products.
- Write unit tests for all code development activities.
- Complete projects on time with supervision from the project manager.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills.
- Participate effectively in technical code reviews as both a reviewer and reviewee.
- Communicate road blocks to project managers or technical leads.
- Foster a collaborative and cooperative work environment.
- Work with the software test engineering group to help verify software products.
Training and Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science in computer science, computer engineering, a related engineering filed, scientific, or technical field, or equivalent experience.
Experience: 0+ years of work experience software development or a related field.
- Object-oriented design practices
- Database architecture, design, and implementation, as well as ORM tools
- Windows OS experience
Basic Engineering skills:
- Source control
- Defect tracking
- Build systems
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).