Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
bioMérieux has a position open for an Account Manager, Industry to be based in the Pacific Northwest, covering the states of Alaska, Washington, Idaho, and Oregon.
The Account Manager (AM), Food Industry, will maintain and establish growth of the current customer base and new business opportunities through the sale and placement of instruments and reagents leading to increased revenues for the company. The AM is directly responsible for achieving the territory sales goals.
The ideal candidate will have very good interpersonal, communication, sales and presentation skills along with successful demonstration of bioMérieux behavioral competencies, such as teamwork, leadership, adaptability, customer service orientation, influence, analytical thinking, organizational awareness and relationship building coupled with good product knowledge to succeed in their sales territory.
- To achieve at least 100% of the territory sales goals.
- To drive new business revenue through selling new instruments and reagents.
- To maintain, and grow, existing customer’s business.
- To responsibly manage the total territory sales base with integrity and honesty.
- To submit weekly expense reports and other reports as assigned by the Regional Sales Manager.
- To participate in company and team meetings.
- To update the CRM daily.
- To effectively build a sales pipeline through prospecting for new accounts and cross selling to current customers.
- To accurately forecast and close new business within the 30-60-90 day time period.
- To strategize and work with the Key Account Manager(s), Business Development Manager(s), and Marketing to sustain and meet revenue targets and growth objectives within the territory.
- To be receptive to coaching and mentoring feedback in order to maintain flexibility and adaptability for learning and growth, while meeting customer’s needs.
- BS/BA degree in a science / business related field.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Sales experience in the life science industry is required; technical knowledge and experience selling a tangible product is highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of basic sales skills and have good business acumen.
- Good computer skills and conscientious record keeping are mandatory.
- Prior knowledge of the respective Industry Market Segments, Microbiology, Competitive knowledge, Product line and geographic territory is preferred.
- Travel required, at least 50% of the time.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).