Senior Manager, Signal Analysis
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
The estimated salary range for this role based in California is between $181,000 and $217,000 annually. This role is eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and individual performance per bioMerieux’s bonus program. This range may differ from ranges offered for similar positions elsewhere in the country given differences in cost of living. Actual compensation within this range is determined based on the successful candidate’s experience and will be presented in writing at the time of the offer.
In addition, bioMérieux offers a competitive Total Rewards package that may include:
- A choice of medical (including prescription), dental, and vision plans providing nationwide coverage and telemedicine options
- Company-Provided Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan including a generous non-discretionary employer contribution and employer match
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Various voluntary benefit offerings
- Discount programs
- Parental leaves
The world is facing a medical crisis, bacteria are increasingly evolving resistance to even our strongest antibiotics. The problem is already very real and immediate; for example, bloodstream infection leading to sepsis is now responsible for more than half of all deaths in hospitals and is the most expensive condition treated in hospitals. Sepsis mortality rate increases >6% every hour without effective antibiotic treatment. Yet, despite the life and death urgency, and healthcare cost impacts, current methodologies require 3 days to determine the correct antibiotic.
Specific Diagnostics, a bioMerieux company, has developed a breakthrough solution to rapidly determine the effective antibiotic treatment for bloodstream and other acute infections. Used for bloodstream infection Specific’s solution provides results 2 days sooner than existing methods, saving patients suffering from drug-resistant infection.
Our mission is to help fight sepsis by providing a rapid Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing solutions. The primary purpose of this position is to lead a team and develop image processing and time series analysis tools and algorithms to perform signal analysis and classification in near real-time. The work product will be used internally as well as in production, in the medical device space.
- Develop algorithms for time series, image processing, and provide data insights powered by traditional and advanced computational modelling methods
- Invent market-leading solutions to enable fast feature detection and analysis
- Participate in a full development cycle, from inventing the original concepts up to their productization
- Research new technologies and analyze competition solutions
- Participate in system requirements definitions
- Review technical literature, collect data, and specify solution options
- Design, analyze, simulate, test, and document algorithm options
- Implement and optimize algorithm designs
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field required. Ph.D. preferred.
- Product level software development experience in Python and C# or Java
- 5+ yrs of professional experience in algorithm development in the field of multi-modal signal analysis
- Excellent verbal communication and technical documentation writing skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong signal modeling and mathematical background
- Experience in the biosciences a plus
- This is not a remote position. On-site presence is expected.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).