HVAC Technician I - Weekend Night Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Benefits at bioMerieux:
- Weekend night shift sign-on bonus of $1,500 on the first paycheck and $1,500 after 6 months of employment
- 11 paid holidays
- 160 hours of paid time off
- 401k retirement plan
- Low-cost medical insurance that starts on day one
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria with a daily food stipend
- Annual bonus
bioMerieux is looking for an HVAC Technician I to join our growing team! This HVAC Technician installs, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. Monitors HVAC systems and operations, and ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established schedules. Checks, repairs and/or replaces valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, pipes and other functional components of the system. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Holds appropriate licenses as may be required by law. Typically has up to 2 years of experience in position or specialization. Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization. Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels. Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
PLEASE NOTE: The working schedule for this position is Friday - Monday.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support general facilities activities in areas of plumbing and other areas as required
- Perform all job duties under the direction and supervision of higher level staff
- Install, repair, and replace building plumbing equipment
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities
- Inspects facilities and equipment
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work effectively with outside vendors and contractors
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Cooperate with other technicians in completing assigned job duties
- Work from drawings, email, electronic systems and/or verbal instructions using a variety of hand and power tools
- Safely operate company vehicles
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of bMx’s Quality System.
Training and Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Vocational training in a related field preferred. Enrolled in HVAC apprenticeship program for at least 1 year preferred. Must have a valid Utah driver's license and clean driving record.
Experience: 1+ years of related experience
Skills: Good communication, both written and verbal. Excellent customer service skills. Basic computer skills.
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to safely climb ladders.
- Ability to follow clean room gowning protocols and move throughout the facility.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).