Engineering Technician I
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This engineering technician works within a project team – generally under the leadership of a more experienced individual (e.g. engineers and/or project managers). This engineering technician uses experience and education to perform the types of technician activities related to instrument repair and any other expertise that might be held by this particular individual. This engineering technician is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of its Quality System.
- General: uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of an engineering technician.
- Description: Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to assist in a variety of defined technical tasks.
- Works on: problems of moderate scope and complexity. Generally works on a team with engineers, engineering co-ops, and engineering production personnel.
- Influence: receives moderate oversight from engineers of all levels, not eligible to be a discipline lead on a project, does not provide mentoring for other engineers, technicians, or engineering co-ops, and receives mentoring from engineers. Receives tasks and project from Engineering management along with coaching, mentoring, and feedback.
- Responsible to complete projects on time and provide feedback and updates to Engineering management and project team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education:
- High School Diploma required. Technical / vocational courses, soldering certifications, electronics certifications preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in service and repair of mechanical, electricaland pneumatic systems.
- Experience working and problem solving in small teams.
- Experience troubleshooting electromechanical systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with Engineering management and team members
- Ability to stay organized and on task
- Basic troubleshooting of electromechanical systems
- Basic knowledge and understanding of soldering
- Basic knowledge of ESD
- Knowledgeable of building wire harnesses
- Familiarity of 3D printers and associated processes
- Willingness to learn new skills and commonly used tools
- Ability to remain in stationary position, often standing, for prolonged periods.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs, ladders, ramps,and the like.
- Ability to wear PPE correctly most of the day.
- Ability to operate heavy machinery.
- Ability to adjust or move objects up to 50 pounds in all directions.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).