Materials Handler/Driver I
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Operates a medium to large sized box truck. Loads and unloads raw material and finished goods at various locations in a timely and effective manner. Responsible for the physical movement, support, and administrative tasks involved in receiving, shipping, storing, transporting and support of raw material used for manufacturing of goods. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: data entry into ERP and other manufacturing executions systems, processing of Non-Conforming materials, cycle auditing of materials in multiple stores locations, and control of perishable materials. Work schedule will vary on a regular basis.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of its Quality System.
- Drive a designated route from West Salt Lake City to Research Park multiple times daily.
- Load and unload Finished Goods and Raw Material at designated locations.
- Participates in monitoring vehicle maintenance and ensures preventative maintenance is up to date.
- Verify transactions and take ownership of all material being transported.
- Utilize warehouse management software and mobile tools to distribute and transact material to the floor at direct movement of material. This includes the use of tablets, barcode scanners, and label printers.
- Perform the related transactions, bin maintenance, and maintain shelving for the stocking of material.
- Break down, clean, organize, and prep raw material ready for manufacturing in accordance to procedure and production requirements.
- Log, label, track, and enter material lot information into the Production execution system.
- Cycle audit material in multiple stores locations.
- Practice lean manufacturing and good housekeeping principles such as 6S.
- Coordinate, communicate, and signal replenishment of material from the various stock locations to production.
- Aid in the identification, movement, and disposition of non-conforming material.
- Perform real time daily replenish of material to the floor in a “Just in Time” manner to never run the line dry, yet to also ensure inventory is minimized in the line.
- Maintain Kanban levels and update as production requirements demand.
- Utilize the Kanban replenishment process to ensure material is pulled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform movement of mail, office supplies, and non-production materials to designated drop off points.
- Receive, inspect, store, and properly control the integrity of perishable materials.
- Transact, store, and properly maintain the transactional integrity of material.
- Make inventory adjustments within authorized parameters.
- Suggest and make improvements.
- Inspect, clean, prep and insure the quality of material for production.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- APICS training preferred.
- Current Utah driver’s license and clean driving record, Department Of Transportation driver’s Certification (DOT) and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or able to pass DOT certification upon hire and maintain certification.
- This is an entry-level role. No previous experience is required; however, previous directly related experience is preferred.
- Past driving experience preferred but not required.
- Inventory, warehouse, shipping and/or, receiving experience preferred.
- Materials handling experience within the medical device industry, including working with the FDA regarding control of materials for instruments and chemistry, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to drive safely in all weather conditions
- Ability to drive a medium to large size box truck.
- Ability to handle and move many packages in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prefer understanding of inventory control principles, warehouse management, and receiving functions.
- Prefer experience using ERP and Warehouse management software.
- Ability to proficiently use MS Office software.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to load and unload raw material and finished goods at various locations in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance, which may include another person or lifting device
- Standing and/or lifting 50% of work-time
- Ability to drive for long periods of time.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).