Salt Lake City,
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all work in compliance with company quality procedures and standards.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results.
- Prepares technical protocols and reports, including quantitative analyses and executive summaries.
- Maintains familiarity with current scientific literature.
- Investigates, develops, and implements new methods and technologies to advance projects.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
- Ensures that laboratory notebooks for assigned projects/experiments are maintained in accordance with the company’s quality system.
- Collaborates with Postmarket Surveillance Department to:
- Assist in customer investigations regarding assay performance of all BioFire panels as needed.
- Perform bioinformatic assessments of proprietary BioFire PCR assays.
- Report the results of bioinformatics assessments to R&D development teams and additional departments, e.g., Postmarket Surveillance, Regulatory, and Analytical IVD Device Validation.
- Design and perform experiments to assess the impact of results obtained from bioinformatic assessments.
- Analyze and report experimental results.
- Relay results to development teams about ongoing investigations to help with future panel refreshes and assay designs.
- Collaborates with Postmarket Surveillance to meet company deadlines and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education
A Bachelor of Science in a scientific discipline is required. A master’s degree in bioinformatics or related field is preferred.
Five years of experience in the field or related area, or a master’s degree in bioinformatics plus 2 years’ work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of molecular biology techniques including PCR
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Sequence database(s)
- Demonstrated proficiency in project planning, execution, and documentation.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).