Electrician II or III - Weekend Day Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking to add an experienced Electrician to our growing team! Industrial Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical equipment and parts, such as MCC panels, VFD’s lighting controls, fire controls systems, phone, data and AV. Position requires extensive knowledge of electrical components as well as electrical safety codes and regulation.Electricians must be able to understand and make decisions based on technical documents using blue prints, schematics or instructions. They must also be motivated to work on their own or as part of a team.
PLEASE NOTE: The working schedule for this position is Friday to Monday Day Shift.
Benefits at bioMerieux:
- Weekend day shift sign-on bonus of $500 on the first paycheck and $500 after 6 months of employment
- 11 paid holidays
- 160 hours of paid time off
- 401k retirement plan
- Low-cost medical insurance that starts on day one
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria with a daily food stipend
- Annual bonus
- Install, repair and maintain electrical system in full support of BioFire Diagnostic’s safety, operations and productivity initiatives.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, etc. and install wire and electrical cable systems, conduit systems and other raceways systems.
- Feed to, pull into, and terminate wire and cable within control centers, distribution boxes, transformers, transducer, switch gear, receptacles, switches, etc.
- Splice and terminate wires at junction points.
- Troubleshoot equipment electrical systems and control circuits and build control panels from drawing.
- Prepare sketches and schematics diagrams showing the location of wiring and electrical systems.
- Delegate task, direct other team members in their work loads, training of employees.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and crew members.
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure all BioFire Diagnostics. Productivity objectives are met.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professional and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Works closely with the vendors and contractors on upgrades and new construction.
Training and Education:
High School diploma or equivalent. Vocational training in a related field preferred.
4+ years of related experience
Valid Utah’s driver’s license
Good driving record
Blueprint reading for building systems
Good communication, both written and verbal. Excellent customer service skills. Basic computer skills.
Ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs
Ability to safely climb ladders
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).