Director- Marketing, Brand Planning
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This position works closely with internal cross-functional leaders and various internal stakeholders (Corporate Executives, US Leadership team, US ClinOps leaders, US Marketing team, US Medical Affairs, Market Access, Sales, Legal, Compliance) to build and drive the Brand Plan, Market Research and Business Intelligence programs and activities for bioMerieux’s Clinical Marketing in the U.S.
This leader provides critical drive and strategic input around brand building and planning of commercial marketing objectives, strategies and tactics.
This position includes leading two departments:
- The Brand Plan department, responsible for the entirety of the US Brand Plan program including the definition of objectives and methodology of the Brand planning program, driving the Commercial Marketing team throughout the process of developing their plan, creating Brand Plan KPIs and tracking the execution phase of the Brand Plan Process.
The Market Insights department, responsible for delivering primary, secondary market research and business intelligence for the US Clinical Operations team in general, and the US Marketing team in particular.
- Defines the annual US Brand Planning program (vision, goals, calendar, supporting planning methodology, with a specific focus on the development and formalization of our US commercial strategy)
- Directs the Commercial Marketing team to develop and implement the US Brand Planning program.
- Directs the cross-functional leaders and internal Brand Plan stakeholders to ensure they contribute appropriately to the Brand Plan program.
- Defines the vision, goals, and priorities for the market research business intelligence efforts for the US Clinical marketing team.
- Directs the Brand Plan and the Market Insights teams to ensure executional excellence and proper coordination between those departments.
- Oversees the execution of the planning program, and of the market intelligence programs.
- Accountable to develop and manage the annual OPEX budget for Brand Plan and Market Insights
Training and Education-
A Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelors in biological / chemical / health sciences or public health preferred.
- 5 years of Marketing experience (commercial and / or strategic Marketing), preferably in the IVD space or in the broader healthcare industry;
- 3 years of Market Research and / or Competitive Intelligence experience, preferably in the IVD space or in the broader healthcare industry
- 5 years of team management or people mentoring, with at least 2 of these years being spent at an associate director level or higher
- Experience with Brand Planning/Marketing Plan development is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities-
- Proactive attitude, sound ambition and the confidence necessary to lead others, including by influence
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to deliver complex information into a simplified manner for different audiences
- Analytical and synthetic mindset, knowledge of key analysis tools and databases in the IVD industry is a plus.
20% Domestic Travel/10% International Travel
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).