Senior Infrastructure Administrator
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This is a technical infrastructure administration position with an emphasis on supporting hardware department processes for complex medical instruments. This individual will work to design, implement, and manage department infrastructure with R&D engineering staff as part of development and support projects related to hardware and embedded software design.
- Supports technology, product and/or services research and development, assists in the functional definition of new subsystems as to ensure serviceability, reliability and human factors of the technical solution by performing more complex design control, evaluation and/or testing.
- Ensures technological, business and/or scientific watch in the relevant expertise to consider suitable solutions; understands business rationale in the choice of the foreseen solutions.
- Ensures identified solutions taking also into account all environmental items (like cost regulations) are relevant, by performing technical or process reviews, by facilitating risk analysis, by controlling implementation and by facilitating information exchanges between departments that contributes to the definition of suitable solutions.
- Promotes the growth of technical or business expertise of team members through mentoring and targeted on the task training.
- Analyzes functional and design requirements for new system functionalities and features and ensure all designs are properly documented.
- Evolves and implements best practices though new/revised processes, creation/updates of standard operating procedures (SOPs), and or execution of non-product software validations (NPSVs).
- Administer Continuous Integration environments, including introduction of new tools and build chains.
- Administer PDM environments like Windchill, including introduction/coordination of new workflows.
- Knowledgeable regarding engineering design documentation such as release documentation, drawings, and schematics.
- Troubleshoot complex workflow/software issues in support of the hardware development team.
- Assess design choices with respect to requirements and business constraints.
- Create or modify workflows, processes and procedures in accordance with internal needs, design control guidelines and Quality requirements within the company’s quality system.
- Validate and upgrade/install newer versions of development software for the department, including compilers, PCBA design, and CAD software.
- Validate and upgrade/install newer versions of product data management systems for the department, including GIT and Windchill.
- Assist team members in using department software and PDM systems.
- Strong collaborative, communication, and project coordination skills.
Knowledge and Skills Required for the Position:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline/experience with a minimum of 5 years work experience administering software and/or mechanical infrastructure.
- Experience working with Continuous Integration software/embedded software environments.
- Experience working with software and system installation and configuration.
- Training/proficiency in product data and lifecycle management (PDM/PLM) systems.
- Experience working with external vendors/suppliers to procure services/support.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills for the Position:
- Experience supporting GIT, TeamCity, Artifactory.
- Experience supporting Windchill.
- Experience supporting CAD software like SolidWorks.
- Experience supporting PCBA development software like Altium.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Visio.
- First-hand experience working in an ISO/ FDA regulated environment.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).