Software Engineer I/II/III - Product Development
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
You will be joining a team that values clean code, collaboration, and a healthy work life balance.
Our team works on desktop and web-based applications for both clinical and internal customers. We have a focus on quality, emphasizing clean and maintainable code. We work in a highly collaborative environment, from pair programming with fellow software engineers to problem solving with colleagues from other departments. You will refine current skills, gain new skills, and grow your career while working on challenging and dynamic projects.
- 0+ years of professional software development experience
- A B.S. in computer science, computer engineering or a related scientific or engineering discipline
In addition to these requirements, the candidate would ideally have the following:
- Experience with C#/.NET (or another object oriented language)
- Interest in Test Driven Development
- Desire to be involved in analysis, design, research, and development
Here’s what our Software Development team members have to say about working at BioFire:
- “No politics or drama, everyone wants to help one another and for them to grow.”
- “Having a work place that people want to show up to in the morning.”
- “The work is not only challenging but we get to help develop a product that can make a difference in people’s lives.”
- “I feel relaxed yet driven, and it seems quite rare to find work environments that induce both of these feelings. “
- “The management trusts us as a team to develop quality software without micromanaging.”
- “The group values quality over quantity and speed.”
- “I am able to work with web or desktop application development, with customer facing or internal software, with coworkers with marketing, engineering, and chemistry disciplines, and with a constantly evolving project list.
- “There is always an emphasis on writing good, clean, maintainable code and collaborating with your teammates and others to solve problems. “
- “We aren’t as obsessed with the process so much as the result. The process with which we develop software is more flexible than other places I’ve worked but the end result that we strive towards is the same – to have clean, readable code.”
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).